Pretendalino

Status
Not open for further replies.

badger1badger

Hi everyone

This may seem an odd question - I guess everyone knows ?

What is a pretendalino ? Loco hauled if so which ?

Cheers

Paul

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

It is an old rake of mk3 coaches with a dvt on the end. It is usually haulled by a 90, on loan to VT. it is painted in similar colours to a pendo, and at a glance, through trees, would probably get mistaken for one. Afaik, it only sees regular use on a Friday. Many people more 'in the loop' will give you specifics if you want to hunt it down.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Tbh, I am a little bit blazè about it, as I've been watching the WCML since 1984, and saw every 81, 85, 86, 87 and 90 that was working at that time. Still miffed I didn't see the 89, or APT.

(my late dad would have regaled you with stories of Deltic, DP2, 10000/1 and GT3, but that's a lifetime ago!)

badger1badger

Cheers !

I spent many days at sandside just north of hest bank

Spotting the 87, 86, etc

Paul

It is an old rake of mk3 coaches with a dvt on the end. It is usually haulled by a 90, on loan to VT. it is painted in similar colours to a pendo, and at a glance, through trees, would probably get mistaken for one. Afaik, it only sees regular use on a Friday. Many people more 'in the loop' will give you specifics if you want to hunt it down.
Tbh, I am a little bit blazè about it, as I've been watching the WCML since 1984, and saw every 81, 85, 86, 87 and 90 that was working at that time. Still miffed I didn't see the 89, or APT.

(my late dad would have regaled you with stories of Deltic, DP2, 10000/1 and GT3, but that's a lifetime ago!)

David10

Former Virgin Mark 3 + DVT set leased after a Pendolino was lost at Grayrigg in 2007. Operates Fridays only 1843 Euston - Birmingham - Crewe service with a Freightliner 90. Normally stabled at Wembley, sometimes will operate Euston - Birmingham services if there is a Pendolino shortage or charter services.

102 fan

So there's a very slim chance I'll get one from Birmingham international to Euston in august?

MCR247

Established Member
There is only one and yes, a pretty slim chance

sprinterguy

Established Member
There is only one and yes, a pretty slim chance
The Pretendalino is only diagrammed to work one northbound service a week isn't it? So unless it happens to be out to play on a more extensive London - Birmingham diagram to cover for a Pendo being out of service at short notice at the time in August that 102 fan is around, then there's essentially no chance of it turning up on a southbound working. A very slim chance indeed then!

MCR247

Established Member
Yep. And if the service 102 fan is on isn't on that diagram which the pretendo will run if there is a shortage of 390s then there is no chance! :)

TaysideTrainz

It is meant to look like a Pendolino. That's why it is called 'PretenDolino'. It is hauled by a 90
If you want to see it - it's next apperance will be on the 18:43 Euston to Crewe :)

Status
Not open for further replies.