• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Program on National Geographic

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Snap

Established Member
Hi guys,
There is a program on at 9pm on National Geographic (Sky channel 526) called Seconds From Disaster and is all about the Kings Cross underground fire in the 1980s.

Just thought you might be interested! :D

Cheers,

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Tom B

Established Member
Program = something you execute

Programme = something you listen to on the radio or watch on your television set

Sprog

Established Member
Cockfosters said:
Program = something you execute

Programme = something you listen to on the radio or watch on your television set
Your pedanticness will be your downfall......

How old are you..like 12? Probably be best if i didnt ever meet you..or id be inclined 2 deck you dude......sorry..but people like you really do get on my tits......

Simming

Sprog said:

How old are you..like 12? Probably be best if i didnt ever meet you..or i'd be inclined 2 deck you dude......sorry..but people like you really do get on my tits......

Just thought I would point out a small minor detail that would be the downfall of the world if left untouch

Tom B

Established Member
Sprog said:

How old are you..like 12? Probably be best if i didnt ever meet you..or id be inclined 2 deck you dude......sorry..but people like you really do get on my tits......

You are under no obligation to read my posts. If you can't accept that people might have differing opinions to you and don't wish to read them, refrain from doing so.

Sprog

Established Member
Simming said:
Just thought I would point out a small minor detail that would be the downfall of the world if left untouch
:shock: SHOCK HORROR!

Thank you Simm..i'm enternally in your debt...

Why, if you hadnt have added that Apostrophe....who knows what evil and apocalyptic things could have resulted! ;) :thumblef:

:roll:

Seriously though, correcting on fact, thats fine!....but grammar :? ?!...come on, just grow up...

The Snap

Established Member
Sprog said:
Seriously though, correcting on fact, thats fine!....but grammar :? ?!...come on, just grow up...

I can understand why Tom has said that, but I can also understand what Sprog is saying. It is only a forum, not a formal letter or something, and surely everyone knows what I mean when I say Program for TV/Radio, rather than Programme...(I assume!)

Anyway, was a good show! :D

T

Tom

A forum is a good way of improving language skills, it is not instant messenger, it is not a mobile phone, it isn't somewhere where you can just talk about rubbish with no punctuation or grammar.

The Snap

Established Member
tubechallenger said:
A forum is a good way of improving language skills, it is not instant messenger, it is not a mobile phone, it isn't somewhere where you can just talk about rubbish with no punctuation or grammar.

Cirrect me if I'm wrong, but surely that is only a small fault, and there were no spelling mistakes or misplaced punctuation, just a word used in the wrong way. Anyway, matter closed if that's possible!:D

T

Tom

Check before you post! There is a spelling checker!! ...but matter closed.

The Snap

Established Member
tubechallenger said:
Check before you post! There is a spelling checker!! ...but matter closed.

I don't use it! I use MS Word as my spell checker (just as good), and it didn't pick it up - as, it is spelt correctly - just in the wrong context ;)

Tom B

Established Member
Rich said:
I don't use it! I use MS Word as my spell checker (just as good), and it didn't pick it up - as, it is spelt correctly - just in the wrong context ;)

Just *had* to be posted...

Eye halve a spelling chequer
It came with my pea sea
It plainly marques four my revue
Miss steaks eye kin knot sea.
Eye strike a key and type a word
And weight four it two say
Weather eye am wrong oar write
It shows me strait a weigh.
As soon as a mist ache is maid
It nose bee fore two long
And eye can put the error rite
Its rare lea ever wrong
Eye have run this poem threw it
I am shore your pleased two no
Its letter perfect awl the weigh
My chequer tolled me sew. - Sauce unknown

Though I did just do a quick reply as a "friendly reminder" to Rich, I didn't mean for a thread hijack...

T

Tom

Tom was giving a friendly reminder about the definition of a program(me)... and the thread became a flamewar... so *click*.

Status
Not open for further replies.