• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Proposal

Status
Not open for further replies.

pedned

I haven't really thought about it much, but I would pay a small amount for this service. I realise that for freeware/copyright laws or whatever you wouldnt be able to make any profit on it, but if each service was priced individually, then this would surely stop any 'accidental' profit? i.e. when you make an order, Nathan buys the CD (and notes the price) then adds it to the price of P&P, then tells you the total and you pay it. And I'm sure no-one really cares if 50p extra (it's not going to be any more than that) accidentally ends up in Nathan's pocket.

Interesting idea, anyway, even it it wouldn't work!

You could always donate any proffit to either route / train developers or to a railway or something.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I have worked out at 60P For Post and Packaging and 17P Per CD! So this is unbelievabley cheap! I would round it up to £1 but if people agreed/disagreed then that is up to them! I would of course have to get alot of Permissions off people but it's all part of the fun! Moving onto Darandio's Idea people arent always around. Meaning you have to sit and wait till they come on wasting valuable Playing time when you could have them on a disc waiting to install! It's nice to hear peoples views. It probably won't work. But if you are interested I'm a very nice 'Business Teenager' ;)

Well B-Ham x-city would be out straight away, anthony bowden doesnt seem to reply to emails, so dont think you'll eb able to get his permission

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Dennis

Established Member
Was i meant to have? Is this some nasty test? :lol::lol:

Ask yourself just how much inconvinience and permanent loss of data (phots, vids etc) a hard drive failure might cause you.

You don't know it, but it might fail tomorrow.

mbonwick

Established Member
All my important stuff is backed up (programs you can't get hold of now, photos, documents etc) but to save space I don't bother with stuff that I can redownload (e.g. SimSig, BVE etc) ;)

So BVE isn't backed up, but everything else is!

Tom B

Established Member
Ask yourself just how much inconvinience and permanent loss of data (phots, vids etc) a hard drive failure might cause you.

You don't know it, but it might fail tomorrow.

Indeed, but all computer users never bother to take backups properly until they've lost something important.

Status
Not open for further replies.