• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Protesters invade Mansion House whilst Chancellor is making speech

Status
Not open for further replies.

eMeS

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-48713929

At 9pm this evening I saw this invasion by Greenpeace activists live on TV.
From what I saw, there was no effective security, and what security there was, seemed to be fooled by the invaders being female and dressed in evening gowns. They were apprehended by "security" but I dread to think what would have happened if they'd been wearing suicide vests. Being "dressed for the occasion" I had the impression that they simply outwitted the security who perhaps thought they were authorised to be there, and some time elapsed before I saw them being physically restrained, and removed. I'm surprised that entrance seemed to be so easy for what I expect would have been an all-ticket event. I didn't see any uniformed police on TV.
Weird.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-48713929

At 9pm this evening I saw this invasion by Greenpeace activists live on TV.
From what I saw, there was no effective security, and what security there was, seemed to be fooled by the invaders being female and dressed in evening gowns. They were apprehended by "security" but I dread to think what would have happened if they'd been wearing suicide vests. Being "dressed for the occasion" I had the impression that they simply outwitted the security who perhaps thought they were authorised to be there, and some time elapsed before I saw them being physically restrained, and removed. I'm surprised that entrance seemed to be so easy for what I expect would have been an all-ticket event. I didn't see any uniformed police on TV.
Weird.
They'd have had a job on hiding their suicide vests under their evening gowns, I'd have thought...

Status
Not open for further replies.