• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Qualified driver Avanti Liverpool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zontar

Can anyone give me some information on the recruitment process with Avanti for qualified?

Any link, t&c issues that are alarming?

Also are Liverpool losing Holyhead work, and if so will it be replaced with anything else?

Thanks in anticipation

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

irish_rail

Established Member
I'd imagine if Crewe depot comes to fruition then yes the Holyhead work will go. With Holyhead and Crewe depots, no need for 2 hour taxi trips down the coast for Liverpool men.
I believe also that newer drivers haven't been signing Holyhead lately anyway, so it'd be London 5 days a week if on mainline trips.
I belive there is a lot of night ferry work as well for the depot there and some very early starts and late finishes, but I am happy to be corrected by an actual Lime St driver!

Zontar

I'd imagine if Crewe depot comes to fruition then yes the Holyhead work will go. With Holyhead and Crewe depots, no need for 2 hour taxi trips down the coast for Liverpool men.
I believe also that newer drivers haven't been signing Holyhead lately anyway, so it'd be London 5 days a week if on mainline trips.
I belive there is a lot of night ferry work as well for the depot there and some very early starts and late finishes, but I am happy to be corrected by an actual Lime St driver!
That's great thanks, very useful. What's the latest on the Crewe depot....what will they likely to sign?

wobman

On Moderation
That's great thanks, very useful. What's the latest on the Crewe depot....what will they likely to sign?
I'm hearing the crewe depot is oversubscribed with internal applications already, Holyhead is mostly filled with internal applicants.

irish_rail

Established Member
I'm afraid I've no insider knowledge on that, but my bet would be Holyhead, London, Liverpool ,either Preston or perhaps Carlisle (even Glasgow???).

Zontar

I'm afraid I've no insider knowledge on that, but my bet would be Holyhead, London, Liverpool ,either Preston or perhaps Carlisle (even Glasgow???).
Yes I was thinking, it could be pretty much anywhere!! Anyway, back to Liverpool....!

Bradley_246

Hi guys, I know this thread is relating to the qualified driver role but I just thought I’d ask a slightly unrelated question which one of you might have an idea about;
I’m in the talent bank to become a train manager based at Holyhead (have been in the bank for nearly 12 months) does anyone know of any additional work coming up? Trying to gauge how long it might be before I get offered a role.
Thanks in advance :)

guard1

Anyone heard back yet from Avanti regarding this role. It's been over two months and no reply from the company for me.

Efini92

Established Member
I'm hearing the crewe depot is oversubscribed with internal applications already, Holyhead is mostly filled with internal applicants.
Yes I think it was 54 at the last count for 20 positions.

Efini92

Established Member
Interesting....wonder why it's so popular, and where all these people live?! Presumably they're all at Manchester now? Any indication of when it will be opening?
Negotiations are ongoing. It’s been pushed back to next year now.

irish_rail

Established Member
Interesting....wonder why it's so popular, and where all these people live?! Presumably they're all at Manchester now? Any indication of when it will be opening?
I guess variety may come into it? Soon Lime St will only be doing Euston with the Holyhead work likely to dwindle or disappear to Crewe and Holyhead depots. And when HS2 comes in all Lime St will be doing is double trips up HS2 on autopilot to London and back.

Crewe would no doubt do more interesting work like Holyhead, Liverpool, Manchester, and perhaps Carlisle?

Of course much of it may well be people who live closer to Crewe in places like Chester who will lessen their commute?

craigybagel

Established Member
Crewe might be closest to Piccadilly, but Preston Liverpool and Wolverhampton are all pretty equidistant and it's quite conceivable for crews based at all of those depots to be pretty close to Crewe. Plus even if the traveling distance is the same, it's going to be a lot easier to drive into Crewe than having to deal with big city traffic. It's a 10 minute drive from Crewe station to the motorway - you won't get that at Piccadilly!

FNG

Has anybody heard anything about this position yet?

I know a driver who was contacted to let them know they were unsuccessful but haven’t heard anything myself since receiving the submission of application confirmation.

FNG

Nice one mate, hopefully we’ll hear something at some point, no news is good news and all that.

Zontar

Has anybody heard anything about this position yet?

I know a driver who was contacted to let them know they were unsuccessful but haven’t heard anything myself since receiving the submission of application confirmation.
Have you or anyone heard anything yet?

Aviator88

The trainee driver selection process is up to Stage 2 tests now - perhaps they're planning to interview trainees and qualified side by side?

Status
Not open for further replies.