• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Questions on Loco-Hauled Services in Denmark and Germany

Status
Not open for further replies.

XAM2175

Established Member
Yes it is correct that DSB use numbers for doors instead of coaches on their multiple units - because the IC3's have three coaches but only two entrance doors. It could probably have been solved better on the new passenger information displays including din station - but the displays on the platforms are tiny and thus the information needs to be kept simple.
Tak!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
I think it is - it certainly used to be - only a couple of coaches that ran through to the mole, having been detached from the main Westerland train at Niebull (sorry, can’t do an umlaut). I don’t think Dagebull can cope with long trains, although it is a while since I was there.

As a slight aside, you can validly replace an umlaut with an E after the letter, and an Eszett with double S, so for example you would write that "Niebuell".

DanielB

Considering even my Eurowings bording card says Dusseldorf, I think the e just might confuse bin German speakers.
But that's an industry where English is the primary language. To remain within the railway industry: the E-ticket of my last international train journey says Wuerzburg Hbf.

James James

aka. New Pendolino
Almost no one would use the term "new Pendolino" - in fact I don't think even Alstom called it that. The origins of the term are a bit unclear, but I suspect it was an overzealous Wikipedia editor who misinterpreted a headline describing "new Pendolino" orders. Even Astoro is a bit of a stretch - it's certainly what the SBB call it in their official communications, but it's only sometimes used by normal people or the media. And do take into account that in the past the Zurich-Milan services were operated both by SBB units (which can be called Astoro) and effectively identical FS units (which are certainly not called Astoro). For better or worse, most people call it the ETR 610. (RABe 503 is only really used by enthusiasts and the occasional railway journal, and again doesn't cover the FS units.)

Austriantrain

Established Member
Almost no one would use the term "new Pendolino" - in fact I don't think even Alstom called it that. The origins of the term are a bit unclear, but I suspect it was an overzealous Wikipedia editor who misinterpreted a headline describing "new Pendolino" orders. Even Astoro is a bit of a stretch - it's certainly what the SBB call it in their official communications, but it's only sometimes used by normal people or the media. And do take into account that in the past the Zurich-Milan services were operated both by SBB units (which can be called Astoro) and effectively identical FS units (which are certainly not called Astoro). For better or worse, most people call it the ETR 610. (RABe 503 is only really used by enthusiasts and the occasional railway journal, and again doesn't cover the FS units.)

I think even SBB still has the units from its first order (the one for Cisalpino) as ETR610 on its books. RABe 503 only covers the second, purely SBB, series

Status
Not open for further replies.