• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Quick car question

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdjonnay

Right, someone must know, are you meant to put anything in with the water in the wiper jet bottles? I know this must seem pretty random, but I've killed my motorbike tonight, and need to learn how to use the car again ASAP, otherwise there's no college/EMA/petrol money next week :shock: ...

Surely it's not pure water, because that would freeze? But antifreeze rots the rubber seals round the windows. Hmm.

It's an '05 Vauxhall Corsa C if that helps... need to start taking care of her.

Cheers,
Jon

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TheSlash

Established Member
Every petrol station sells concentrated screenwash. Different brands have different concentrations, read the label for the screen wash to water ratio.
What have you done the bike?

jdjonnay

Cheers, I put water in it, I'll pop up the garage and get some screenwash in a bit.

The bike has eaten it's clutch, so I get to 7k RPM and it just revs and won't move :( Damn thing. Just in time for the first sunny day of the week, too!

Thanks for the advice,
Jon

my mums last bike did that when she was on her way back from scotland. she crashed and nearly died..... and i still want a bike YEY

jdjonnay

I'm surprised it's lasted this long, wheelies have killed it though :( Thank god they're cheap as chips to replace, lol.

Jon

TheSlash

Established Member
Clutch or the belts?
Going to try and do the clutch on the car tomorrow, another piece of engineering genious.... drop the whole gear box out with both front wheels off just to change the clutch :shock:

jdjonnay

Clutch plates let go... that's what happens when you ride the clutch a lot... mind you, it's common practice on a 2 stroke to keep it in the higher rev range where it makes all its power. Only a few quid to replace them anyways, and it's all done now :D

Car clutches must be a nightmare to change... makes me glad my old man's a technician, I fix the bikes, he fixes the cars :lol: I'd end up destroying the whole thing if I went near it with a spanner...

Jon

Status
Not open for further replies.