• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Quick check on Bournemouth - London ticket validity

Status
Not open for further replies.

antharro

I'd just like to check the validity of a particular ticket and railcard on a journey I'm planning.

Question one:

Next Sunday, I'll be travelling from Bournemouth to London. I return on the following Friday. Usually, I just buy a Standard Off-Peak Return with my Network Rail card - £35.65, and travel on the hourly SWT fast to Waterloo.

This week, however, I'll be travelling with a friend who will be returning to Reading. So I'm planning on getting the hourly CrossCountry service to Reading, saying goodbye to my friend there and getting whatever the next fast to Paddington is. On Friday I'll make my usual journey back to Bournemouth from Waterloo.

Is this permitted on a Standard Off-Peak Return ticket?

Question two:

Would I be right in assuming my friend can get a discounted ticket because I'll be travelling with my Network Rail card?

Question three:

I assume that if I upgrade to First Class on the Crosscountry section of the journey, that does not entitle me to travel in First Class on the Reading-Paddington section?

Thanks!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Qwerty133

Established Member
What first class upgrade are you on about if its weekend first (only valid on the Sunday) it will only be valid on the xc bit of the journey.

soil

Established Member
Q1. Yes that's permitted.

Q2. Yes you can have different tickets providing you travel together.

Q3. A XC weekend first upgrade wouldn't be any good on FGW, no.

antharro

Thanks for the replies. Does anyone know how much it'll cost to upgrade on the CrossCountry part of the route? The National Rail website states "£5.00, £10.00, £15.00 or £20.00 depending on the journey being made."

Status
Not open for further replies.