• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

quick question about signatures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
One way is to reply to it in a thread, cut it, and paste it in the signature editing area on your User CP.

Ivo

Established Member
As usual, I wrote too much. As usual, someone thus beat me to it. And as usual, the person in question was MattE2010.

Why do I even bother? :roll:

Laryk

Same as normal quoting - [*QUOTE] "your text" [*/QUOTE] and remove the asterisks

David

Established Member
Only have 1 or 2 quotes though, otherwise your signature gets a bit big ....

theblackwatch

Established Member
Can I remind everyone of the forum rules regarding signatures:

Signature images must be no wider than 550 pixels and no higher than 200 pixels - if two signature images are used, they must fit within these parameters. Up to 2 lines of standard sized text may also be included

Any which we deem to be excessive may be deleted.

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Would you mind removing that quote of me from your signature please as you didn't ask permission from me to use it in your signature (which it is considered polite to do so) and I'm not particularly happy with you using that particular quote (for one I don't understand why anyone would want that quote in their signature).

Established Member
Would you mind removing that quote of me from your signature please as you didn't ask permission from me to use it in your signature (which it is considered polite to do so) and I'm not particularly happy with you using that particular quote (for one I don't understand why anyone would want that quote in their signature).

Same here

ATW Alex 101

Established Member

Same here

yes sorry guys, i was looking for someting funny or unique and i was just testing to see if i could do it and i was just merely testing putting quotes in signatures once again sorry

sent from my samsung tocco lite

Established Member
Its ok just in future it would be best to ask first and put quotes in that would make sense on their own :)

snail

Established Member
yes sorry guys, i was looking for someting funny or unique
Just in case you didn't know, signatures can be hidden in the forum settings by sad people that only want to read the new stuff, not repeats of the same tired quotes over and over... ;)

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
The current signature limits are quite generous however this is being reviewed as part of the Forum Rules Consultation that is currently taking place. It is possible that the limits may reduce.

There is no current rule against the quote tags being used in signatures, however this is under review.

wintonian

Established Member
You should always have the permission of the forum members concerned, whose quotes you wish to use as your own personal signature.

Just to be awkward,

I agree it is polite to have permission of people before you use their quotes, however by publishing them on the forum I'm not so sure that it is required beyond acknowledging where said quote came from.

However I doubt I would personally want to use someones else quote and would indeed seek permission first if I did out of politeness.

Thinking on the side here as long as we don't have silly annoying animated or oversized signatures I really don't mind too much. ;)

Clip

Established Member
You should always have the permission of the forum members concerned, whose quotes you wish to use as your own personal signature.

What Paul said.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
For some reason my sig isnt even showing.. Which makes the above post look a bit silly now :(

Yew

Established Member
What Paul said.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
For some reason my sig isnt even showing.. Which makes the above post look a bit silly now :(

Damn, I was going to do that :)

MattRobinson

I have an unrelated question about signatures: when people put that they 'own' a certain loco, does that mean they own the real thing (unlikely given how many people have more than one); own models of them (unlikely because there's so few) or something else?

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
I have an unrelated question about signatures: when people put that they 'own' a certain loco, does that mean they own the real thing (unlikely given how many people have more than one); own models of them (unlikely because there's so few) or something else?

They tend to 'own' them on the Million Numbers site, not in reality:

http://millionnumbers.com/

(I own 60495 personally.)

Status
Not open for further replies.