• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Quick question - Itinerary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saperstein

I read a lot on these forums about passengers taking an itinerary with them on the train in case of delays, getting challenged ect.

If I haven’t got access to a printer I tend to do this by hand or keep the email from the ticket seller handy on my phone for this.

Is this acceptable or should I be printing out itinerarys?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Silverdale

If I haven’t got access to a printer I tend to do this by hand or keep the email from the ticket seller handy on my phone for this.

I wouldn't rely on a hand-written itinerary, but keep the one supplied by the retailer with me, on my phone, and for the same reason. I don't always have access to a printer.

I do it because I think it ought to be just as acceptable, as evidence of the journey(s) for which the tickets were sold, as anything printed. But since I've been remembering to carry the itinerary with me on my phone, there hasn't been an instance of query or challenge where I've ever had to show it.

Perhaps my journeys are too boring/vanilla?

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
There is no requirement to carry an itinerary with you when travelling by train, whether in hard or soft form.

However, if using a route or ticket that could be considered contentious (for example using an Off Peak ticket during the morning or evening peak, or a route that doesn’t appear to be permitted) then it can be useful to carry an itinerary as evidence that you are travelling in accordance with the contract made when you purchased your ticket.

Status
Not open for further replies.