• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Rail Guide 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im sorry to start a new thread having not been here for Soooooo long but need some help as normal.

I am looking for a book for my son. For some strange reason he needs to know just about every fact there is about different classes of trains and inparticular there speeds.

So the question I'm asking is does "Rail Guide 2011" show the max speed of loco's and units ???? Or is there a book that would suit him better ?????

I have had a trip to the local WhSmiths and was very suprised to find that they no longer stock this type of book and the information on Amazon is very vauge.

Many Thanks in advance.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

andyfrommk

I am looking for a book for my son. For some strange reason he needs to know just about every fact there is about different classes of trains and inparticular there speeds.

Try en.wikipedia.org for free.

Your son doesn't have ADHD by any chance?

Try en.wikipedia.org for free.

Your son doesn't have ADHD by any chance?

No to ADHD but he does have a slight learning disability. Possibly very very slight autisum.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
So is it safe to say that no one knows if these books show max speed for units and locos ????

Mvann

Pm me. I'll have a look at work tomorrow at what we have. I suspect you may be better off with the platform 5 or Ian Allen stock books. Waterstones are sometimes worth looking in. I believe that Ian Allen bookshops do mail order, otherwise I may be able to supply.

Status
Not open for further replies.