• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Rail site manager defrauded £27k with fake train tickets on commute from Kent home to North London

infobleep

Veteran Member
It’s not a failing of society.

Should someone working for a supermarket get free food?
What about someone who works for a clothing retailer, do they get free clothing?
Pull take this further with why should someone working for s business get free parking on site, if they aren't using the car for work travel other than commuting.

He only defrauded them in a "limited and specific way"
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Stickels, who lives at home
What does this mean - doesn’t everyone live at home?!
No. Some people are homeless.

To be fair, in that bit he is right, although I'm not sure what benefit is gained from telling the courts what they already know.
Well it got reported in the press. Wouldn't have happened if it wasn't said.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

island

Veteran Member
It’s not a failing of society.

Should someone working for a supermarket get free food?
What about someone who works for a clothing retailer, do they get free clothing?
I'm not sure about how far that analogy can be run. For example, baristas at Starbucks get free coffee. Many restaurants give their staff free food.

SargeNpton

Established Member
I'm not sure about how far that analogy can be run. For example, baristas at Starbucks get free coffee. Many restaurants give their staff free food.
As he was employed as a construction worker perhaps he should be given free building materials?

They do, as a perk offered by their employer, not an automatic entitlement.

bcarmicle

The individual in question in court was a contractor of Network Rail though, so had no entitlement to free travel.

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
The point about whether the person should be entitled to free rail travel has been discussed so can we get back on topic which is to discuss the actual case itself.