• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Rail staff leisure cards (formerly TOC PRIV cards)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I wonder what is going to happen with LUL priv holders?
These are issued by TfL Staff Travel so would not have come with this letter. The RDG/RST issued Staff Travel Card for the four free journeys for eligible staff is for Safeguarded staff only, so the detail provided by Mag_seven in post #19 would apply.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

HamworthyGoods

Established Member
RSTL need abolishing. They are the single most unhelpful organisation I've ever had the misfortune of encountering.

The industry would save itself a lot of money and unnecessary hassle if the individual HR departments issued passes and privilege facilities as opposed to these clowns. Maybe a system where you get a number of boxes for a day's free travel per year. Who'd have thought of such a good idea as that! I hope that the Scheme Compliance Manager reads this too and realises what rail staff actually think of their shoddy organisation!

Have to completely disagree with you there - RSTL produce some of the most comprehensive documentation of any Rail Staff Travel Provider in Europe.

Take for example this document

I believe RSTL to be the only FIP carrier to provide such an extensive document explaining your benefits, boundary stations etc. It even does a multi-lingual version for Foreign Railway staff wishing to visit Great Britain, I challenge you to find that level of information for rail staff travel in any European Country you wish to visit and find it on an official website...

theironroad

Established Member
Have to completely disagree with you there - RSTL produce some of the most comprehensive documentation of any Rail Staff Travel Provider in Europe.

Take for example this document

I believe RSTL to be the only FIP carrier to provide such an extensive document explaining your benefits, boundary stations etc. It even does a multi-lingual version for Foreign Railway staff wishing to visit Great Britain, I challenge you to find that level of information for rail staff travel in any European Country you wish to visit and find it on an official website...

I tend to agree that the guides to domestic and foreign travel, including ferries and heritage railway and most aspects are comprehensive and pretty good.

8J

No disputing their guidance documents are thorough, however when it comes to customer service and organising their records, they are a long way away from where they should be.

HamworthyGoods

Established Member
No disputing their guidance documents are thorough, however when it comes to customer service and organising their records, they are a long way away from where they should be.

from knowing friends availing of other railway administrations they think our set-up is much better, online applications, not having 6 week lead times to apply for anything etc.

whilst RSTL isn’t perfect they seem to be one of the best rail staff travel administrations in Western Europe.

To quote a friend who had the issue of a different pass to which they requested (something like ZS instead of SZ), when they complained were told by their HR department “well it’s the correct letters just the wrong way round, what’s the issue”....

Last edited:

Established Member

Obviously personal experience influences this, but I’ve always found them helpful and friendly.

bunnahabhain

Established Member
Promise to pay is Northern's daft scheme. I don't even look at them and throw them in the next bin I walk past.
They aren't for us though as we don't participate in the penalty fare scheme on their routes. Which makes a mockery really of the whole penalty fare scheme really.

Status
Not open for further replies.