• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Rail strategy game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arrpi87

No one mentioning Chris Sawyer's Locomotion? I picked it up on Steam for less than £10.

It looks a little dated (same graphics style/engine as Rollercoaster Tycoon 1), but you can easily download free mods that add an enormous amount of British trains. Just Google locomotion mods and it's one of the first links.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Arrpi87

Forgot to mention, Locomotion also adds a little more complexity in that it uses block signalling. Can mean that large terminal stations and junctions may need a bit of planning.

MattyJames

Hello. I've recently bought Train sim 2017 and was wondering whether the specs on my P.C would run the game:
Intel core i5-2400 3.10GHz up to 3.40GHz
8GB DDR3 RAM
Nvidia GT710 2GB graphics
Windows 10 home OS
Thanks In advance!!

Arrpi87

It's a bit late now if you've already bought it before checking your spec. :lol:

Hope it works for you. It should outline the required spec on either the website you've downloaded from or packaging if it's a physical copy.

MattyJames

It's a bit late now if you've already bought it before checking your spec. :lol:

Hope it works for you. It should outline the required spec on either the website you've downloaded from or packaging if it's a physical copy.
I had done my research prior as well. Just a double check to see if it would work lol. I've seen the specs and it fits in thankfully. Just wasn't sure as I had seen some negative comments with the specs in the past

Status
Not open for further replies.