• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Rail UK Forum Wins YREA Award!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HSTChris

Hello everyone.

As the manager of the Youth Rail Enthusiasts Association, I am pleased to announce that the Rail UK Forums have been awarded Railway Website of the Year for the school year 2009/10, as voted for by our members.

Congratulations :)

For more information about the awards and to see the other award winners, please visit http://awards.yrea.org.uk/

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
As it says on the banner...

The Youth Rail Enthusiasts Association.

See their Web.

MCR247

Established Member
No-offence or anything, but should that really mean anything?

Dai.

Established Member
No-offence or anything, but should that really mean anything?

RailUK has won.. something!
:D
haha.

But um, well done?
Never actually heard of these awards, who exactly votes in them?

thefab444

Established Member
Never heard of this YREA thing. But it looks like an SE thing judging by the photo on the front page. The sort of veg that do the "chain pulling" thing to get horns from drivers, and shout "NICE ONE DRIVER, THANKS MATE" everytime the driver does his job by powering up the train. :roll:

I don't know but it wouldn't suprise me if Fred Ellis (some of you may remember him as 777fred) is involved as well.

HSTChris

RailUK has won.. something!
:D
haha.

But um, well done?
Never actually heard of these awards, who exactly votes in them?

I, along with some friends, set up the Youth Rail Enthusiasts Association back in April. Since then, we have gone from strength to strength. We run events and competitions as well as a forum for young rail enthusiasts.

The YREA Awards were voted for by members of the YREA right through from the end of April to the 29th of May, and the winners were announced on June the 1st.

Never heard of this YREA thing. But it looks like an SE thing judging by the photo on the front page. The sort of veg that do the "chain pulling" thing to get horns from drivers, and shout "NICE ONE DRIVER, THANKS MATE" everytime the driver does his job by powering up the train. :roll:

I don't know but it wouldn't suprise me if Fred Ellis (some of you may remember him as 777fred) is involved as well.

Allthough I am from the South East area, we are for the whole country, and have members from areas right accross the UK.

We do not agree with 'chain pulling' as you call it from our members as it distracts the drivers and could proove to be dangerous. In addition, we are not a meets group and we do more than this - There are plenty of meets groups already.

Hope this helps you all out.

Last edited:

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
To be honest I hadn't heard of YREA before, but thanks :)

I don't think it's fair to suggest 777fred is involved and I can't see him voting for us! ;)

We do not agree with 'chain pulling' as you call it from our members as it distracts the drivers and could prove to be dangerous. In addition, we are not a meets group and we do more than this - There are plenty of meets groups already.

Hope this helps you all out.
That's good. The 'chain pulling' looks embarrassing and could be distracting and am glad you disapprove of it. I don't think it's fair that anyone associates you with that without any evidence, very few young people engage in such practices but they do give young enthusiasts a bad name.

thefab444

Established Member
I don't think it's fair to suggest 777fred is involved

Care to repeat that?

That's good. The 'chain pulling' looks embarrassing and could be distracting and am glad you disapprove of it. I don't think it's fair that anyone associates you with that without any evidence.

Well, I can't be bothered to find it, but there's evidence on YouTube that members of that group certainly used to indulge in the a bit of the old "chain pull", whether that's changed since that group's been set up I couldn't possibly say.

HSTChris

Thats alright then, we don't want to be seen as one of those massive congrigations of chain pulling noisey people you often see in videos lol.

thefab444

Established Member
I can quite understand your point of view and I'm glad to see there's still a few sane young enthusiasts out there!

The point I was making was that members of your website/group/association/community, call it what you will, are in YouTube videos doing the chain pull. But anyway, let's not make a meal of it - I'm sure you've taken adequate steps to discourage it.

Congratulations to RUK for winning this award.

Established Member
Don't get me started on 777fred, he made that video of the virgin 90 set where he is clearly [allegations removed], not seen any of his posts since really

Last edited by a moderator:

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Well, he's made 4 posts, so not really that 'involved' and I can't see him being the driving force behind us getting the award ;)

Anyway let's not make this a topic about someone who appears to have little involvement with YREA and has not been on this forum for a long time, as it won't achieve much and he can't reply, so it's a bit unfair.

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
As Yorkie has pointed out can we refrain from talking about a member who is not able to reply, ta.

Status
Not open for further replies.