• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Railcard Accidental Damage!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheJRB

Established Member
I've been a bit of an idiot and ended up forgetting my railcard was in my trouser pocket before putting them in the washing machine. It's still in tact largely but it's peeling at the edges. How would I go about getting a replacement and how much would it cost? Thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
I've been a bit of an idiot and ended up forgetting my railcard was in my trouser pocket before putting them in the washing machine. It's still in tact largely but it's peeling at the edges. How would I go about getting a replacement and how much would it cost? Thanks.

According to this:

http://www.16-25railcard.co.uk/help/faqs/?q=damaged

it's a £10 admin fee, and available from where you bought it. Whether that is worth it or not depends on how much validity remains, of course, if less than a third of a year (assuming an annual one at £30) a new one will probably make more sense. Though there is slight ambiguity, so it may be worth taking it to a ticket office and seeing if they will do it for nowt as you still have it.

Last edited:

TheJRB

Established Member
Is it station issued or a plastic online one?

According to this:

http://www.16-25railcard.co.uk/help/faqs/?q=damaged

it's a £10 admin fee, and available from where you bought it. Whether that is worth it or not depends on how much validity remains, of course, if less than a third of a year (assuming an annual one at £30) a new one will probably make more sense. Though there is slight ambiguity, so it may be worth taking it to a ticket office and seeing if they will do it for nowt as you still have it.
Thanks and it's a station issued one for the purpose of avoiding doubt! It expires in March so no doubt worth the fee for now. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.