• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Railcards not applying properly

Status
Not open for further replies.

SickyNicky

Verified Rep - FastJP
Good morning, all.

We've noticed a problem with this morning's data feed and Disabled Persons Railcards. They don't appear to be applying the discount on NRE or any IPTIS based system. Presumably that will also be the case for other booking engines as they gradually all switch to the new feed.

If this is industry-wide, this could cause big problems today!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Blindtraveler

Established Member
You are quite correct, just banged Aberdeen Edinburgh for Next Tuesday into NRE. The lowest price First advance should be 27 and some pence non discounted and 18 and some pence discounted. The non discounted price is displaying.
This is based on a journey departing 18:18 with VTEC

SickyNicky

Verified Rep - FastJP
Just to add spice to this, as the various TIS' update to todays data files, so they will start to fail as well. We could end up with a situation with station booking offices can't sell Disabled Persons Railcard discounts, until they get this fixed.

SickyNicky

Verified Rep - FastJP
Well good luck iether way, fault seams pritty universal across NRE, same thing appears on a Preston Liverpool Walkup Single.

Ha - I'm pleased to say that it's not my problem :D

I'm sure the good people at RDG at working on it right now.

najaB

Veteran Member
I was more meaning with the fact that no doubt someone somewhere will blame you anyway, even though Im fully aware its not your fault/problem! Hope all well.
Fortunately, blame for this one isn't likely to end up landing at StickyNicky's door. People will go to TrainSplit.com, get a fare that seems ridiculously high and then go off to NRE/TheTrainline/etc. and get exactly the same (or probably a higher) fare.

The only risk is that people, having left, might not come back for that purchase.

paul1609

Established Member
Fortunately, blame for this one isn't likely to end up landing at StickyNicky's door. People will go to TrainSplit.com, get a fare that seems ridiculously high and then go off to NRE/TheTrainline/etc. and get exactly the same (or probably a higher) fare.

The only risk is that people, having left, might not come back for that purchase.

Its only really XC customers who benefit from using trainsplit anyway! :) Id rather have Virgin Air miles

MikeWh

Established Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Its only really XC customers who benefit from using trainsplit anyway! :) Id rather have Virgin Air miles

How do you come to that conclusion? I've seen good savings where XC have nothing to do with the fares.

Status
Not open for further replies.