• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

RailMiles - Mileage Engine is back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Southernrover

I hope the traction league feature comes back.
It used to be interesting to see how many miles you accumulated on each type.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Yes same for me, I liked that.

And by gosh doesn't Traction List take much longer to load now? More so when you choose the class you want to view!

Crossover

Established Member
I was a tad miffed to find, having put my traction in, it doesn't like it with a space in, so I'll need to go back through them. I also usually mark which I've travelled in where multiple units are together, so need to work a way of doing that, that won't mess with the traction list...

Tom

As I say with RTT and RMME, send in emails to the support address ([email protected] in this instance) so that I can track these kind of things without having to read about 5 different forums which all discuss these things. Doing that means I can gauge interest for any future improvements and problems as I'm far too busy to be reading forums tbh with the amount I have on.

I personally think Traction List is far too slow - it's down to how it compiles it now as the database layout is very different to how it used to be (due to how you can now add infinite identifiers per journey) but it is something I am reviewing. Likely will result in the traction list, as with stats and signatures, being dropped to a periodic refresh. But it's there.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
So you could (if you wanted to) log 5 or more trains per journey? Interesting, admittedly I've never needed to do such a thing mind.

I like the idea of adding bus journeys in, something I've yet to try mind. I'm guessing it came out of user feedback?

Crossover

Established Member
As I say with RTT and RMME, send in emails to the support address ([email protected] in this instance) so that I can track these kind of things without having to read about 5 different forums which all discuss these things. Doing that means I can gauge interest for any future improvements and problems as I'm far too busy to be reading forums tbh with the amount I have on.

I personally think Traction List is far too slow - it's down to how it compiles it now as the database layout is very different to how it used to be (due to how you can now add infinite identifiers per journey) but it is something I am reviewing. Likely will result in the traction list, as with stats and signatures, being dropped to a periodic refresh. But it's there.

I will do that Tom - just not had chance myself yet to email, but have found a couple of things that could be potentially useful improvements.

As an aside, how far off is the export function from "production"?

HA25322

So it has been up and running for awhile now and I like it. The text facility is now good after the initial problem.
I also like the fact that some preserved lines are now shown. Be really good when even more are added. And also having the Docklands is good. I will have to get my old books out for that. And on this subject how would you input them? I have locos done on the preserved lines which are D numbered. I tried to input this and it was not shown in the traction list. So I did have to use the TOPS number. Not so good when they never had a tops numbers though (for example class 14s)
And how would you input steam trains? And also Dockland units? Most of them are 2 or 3 digits only? Any help on this would be gratefully received.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Personally, things like DLR I input them as "DLR102+DLR104+DLR119", steam I believe I put in as "S7802" and international as (for example in Belgium) "SNCB2102". Light rail go in in a similiar fashion, depending on the operator. Metrolink is MK for example, so a forthcoming entry from me will be "MK3033+MK3006".

I have a ton to add to RM, I'm over a month behind. I hope Traction List works again now...

HA25322

Traction list for me is very hap hazard. Lots of data in there, then no it still comes up with the 502 bad gateway error. Not so much data then yes it works fine.
Thanks for the info on DLR etc. I shall give it a go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

djpontrack

I've been getting the same 502 bad gateway message when I try to access some of my higher mileage classes, eg 37, 43, 156etc

HA25322

Not sure why it does this. Obviously it cannot cope with the amount of entries which is a shame. I did email the support desk about it and this was the response I received. "There's an issue with the traction list at the moment and how it is generated. There's a fix in the process of being written at present to fix this - changing it to be generated on a similar mechanism to the leagues.
Tom." That was on 06/03/2016. Obviously it has not been fixed as of yet.

HA25322

Still not fixed. And despite Tom stating answers to the support question will be answer quickly now for the "new" Railmiles, it appears to have fallen by the wayside somewhat which is a shame.

1D53

Established Member
It's a known issue and I'm sure will be repaired as soon as it can be. It's a bit hit and miss for me, sometimes it let's me in, others it gives me the 502.

HA25322

That is disappointing. I'm going to try and get in touch with him on Twittter.

Any joy?
Still having the same problems. Just an acknowledgement would be nice.

It was nice that some Preserved lines had been put onto Railmiles and looking at its facebook page it was stated that they wanted all preserved lines put on. Again that seems to have fallen by the wayside as that was back on March 18th.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Finally got around to tweeting Tom today! His reply to my query on the 502 Bad Gateway issue is:

@Techniquest2003 a preliminary fix that fixes some was put up yesterday, but need to finish a rewrite on how it is computed. Not easy.

HA25322

I have a question and hope someone maybe able to help? I did 1S26 on Sunday night & I need to try to manipulate the data somehow. 1S26 is booked via the East Coast so is Top n Tailed from Euston. It has a loco from Euston to Wembley Eur Frt Ops Cntre via the relief lines. Then this is detached and the rear loco then takes the train forward to destination. However I cannot get Railmiles to accept Wembley Eur Frt Ops Cntre. Anyone any ideas please? Cheers

HA25322

I have a question and hope someone maybe able to help? I did 1S26 on Sunday night & I need to try to manipulate the data somehow. 1S26 is booked via the East Coast so is Top n Tailed from Euston. It has a loco from Euston to Wembley Eur Frt Ops Cntre via the relief lines. Then this is detached and the rear loco then takes the train forward to destination. However I cannot get Railmiles to accept Wembley Eur Frt Ops Cntre. Anyone any ideas please? Cheers

Sorted it somehow. When I tried to put it in the drop down list it did not have it there. But when I put it into the mileage checking thingy it was there???

capital12

The traction list issue seems to have been resolved now - at least is now working for me when previously it wasn't! Although it no longer shows what it was paired with at the moment.

HA25322

Well that's better than it was so that is something at least.

--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
But not fixed. Just tried to check my Class 43s and it is still coming up with the 502 bad gateway error. Such a shame.

causton

Established Member
I believe the issue is more of a 'timeout' error where if it takes too long it just gives up. Seems to be like it as some shorter lists work okay then longer ones time out after a while...

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Aye I noticed that too, Tom replied to my tweet to say he's working on it, hopefully it'll be done soon. The Traction List for HST power cars on mine is, unsurprisingly, long. Mind you, so is the lot for 170s! 175s loaded OK last time I tried, but it depends what you've got in each class at the moment.

At least Tom's working on it, hopefully before my subscription ends :lol:

motherwell334

Im still waiting after almost 3 years to renew my account, I have sent numerous emails to Tom to try and get assistance but to no avail..

Status
Not open for further replies.