• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

RailUK Forums 2014 Calendar

Which sort of calendar would you prefer?

• Traditional wall calendar

Votes: 25 61.0%
  • Desk calendar

Votes: 16 39.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

theblackwatch

Established Member
As mentioned some time back at http://www.railforums.co.uk/showthread.php?t=77079 , we are producing a calendar for 2014, which will feature winning photographs from our Photo of the Week/Month competitions. Any profits made from the sale of the calendar will be donated to charity.

In order to give us some idea of what sort of calendar people would prefer, we would be grateful if members who are interested in buying a copy would prefer a traditional wall calendar, or a desk calendar (similar to the sort of thing here).

By taking part in the poll, there is no commitment - we are just trying to find out which sort of calendar would be most popular. Nor have we any prices as yet before anyone asks!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

maniacmartin

Established Member
Fares Advisor
I know it wasn't one of the options offered and probably costs much more to produce, but if you made a diary I could carry around (like this) then I'd be interested. I find I never use calendars.

D365

Veteran Member
What charities are you considering? I'm hoping Oxfam is in any shortlist as I'm an associate of them ;)

gazthomas

Established Member
Take a look at Vistaprint - their desk calendars are less than £3 each with thir usual discounts? I get these made up every year

Condor7

If it is a wall calendar I would be interested but when will it be available, I have already bought most of mine for next year?
Cheers.

theblackwatch

Established Member
It will be available next month - you don't need it till January 1st! :P
We are currently working on it, and hope to have prices/be able to take orders in the next couple of weeks.

EltonRoad

Just received mine - very nicely produced indeed, lovely calendar.

Unfortunately though, you've managed to caption my photo of the HST at Blea Moor Tunnel to curly42!

Jordy

Established Member
I'm glad you like the calendar - sincere apologies for the incorrect crediting though, I'm not quite sure how that happened I'm afraid :(

At least it's not the only time one of your photos features!

theblackwatch

Established Member
Just a reminder that if you want a calendar before Christmas (an ideal present!), please order before the weekend so we can despatch at the beginning of next week, before the Royal Mail cut-off.

As previously mentioned, the calendars, which are A4 size and wire bound, are printed on 170 gsm paper, and feature the winning pictures from our 'Photo of the Month' competition. Subject to us selling a few more, we will be in a position to make a donation to charity using any profits made. Thanks to everyone who has bought one so far, all the feedback has been positive.

How to order:We are taking orders via Paypal, although you do not need a Paypal account, you can use a credit/debit card. To order, please go to http://www.railforums.co.uk/payments.php - this will take you to a page where you can order a calendar. Please follow the instructions which will take you through to Paypal from there.

Attachments

• Calendar.jpg
    Calendar.jpg
    288.5 KB · Views: 21
Status
Not open for further replies.