• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Random/strange things encountered whilst on travels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Aureol

Established Member
With a spanner in hand in D212's engine room
Oi.

Nottingham is quite lovely.

Alfreton is a slum.

Thats the truth.
You have a much, much greater chance of getting shot in Nottingham :p
Excuse me? IIRC, you are greeted by the sight of a Netto when you come out of Alfreton station, now only stupid people shop there :lol:;) and we don't have a Netto here :lol:
We have a Netto in Alfreton?!
Care to point it out to me? :?
I think you're thinking of Langley Mill there, as there's one just across the road.

xc170

Me my dad and my grandad (both drivers XC & EWS) had been to the rail museum in york and on the way back to tamworth on the last xc 170 out of derby a few weeks ago the information screen said this train is for nottingham calling at derby, spondon, long eaton, beeston and nottingham instead of this train is for birmingham new street calling at burton on trent, tamworth and new street. Anyway at burton thease this old women got on sat opposite us looked up at the screen and jupmed up ran to the doors as we were leaving the station, tried to open them whilst shouting i want to get off, she then said quite loudly i need to find the driver so she walked to the back of the train! My grandad said to my dad thats funny we normally drive from the front my dad replied by saying year so do we its usually easier.

P156KWJ

Established Member
You have a much, much greater chance of getting shot in Nottingham :p

We have a Netto in Alfreton?!
Care to point it out to me? :?
I think you're thinking of Langley Mill there, as there's one just across the road.

oh. Langley Mill is near Alfreton anyway :lol:

I've never been shot. Sure, Nottingham had its troubles, but it's quite a nice place. Just a shame about some of the people in certain areas. Although, to be fair, I have been assulted before during my 15 years here :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.