• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Reason for delay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
FGWFan said:
All too often a problem with OHLE on the ECML. Should have left it as diesel-operation... ;)
Or just give us a small percentage of the money spent on the WCML in the first place to get decent OHLE ;)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Or return the Deltics to use...That would be a sight!

But yes, your point about OHLE and the WCML is well taken. Who knows though, one day you might get an ECML upgrade. Maybe...I'm looking at 20 years time though.

AJP

FGWFan said:
AJP said:
A freight train failed in this position blocking all the lines....................

y9oojz.jpg

When did you take that photo? It's a 60 I need to see!

Tuesday about 4pm

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
FGWFan said:
Or return the Deltics to use...That would be a sight!

But yes, your point about OHLE and the WCML is well taken. Who knows though, one day you might get an ECML upgrade. Maybe...I'm looking at 20 years time though.

The ECML was upgraded in the lates 80s (i think) compared to the 60s for the WCML so the WCML was more due an upgrade

Techniquest

Veteran Member
AJP, lucky you! I'm dying to see that 60!

matt, maybe my guess of at least 20 years will be right then, with regards to when the ECML will be upgraded.

Status
Not open for further replies.