• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Recent SWT drivers jobs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I just let you all know that for those who have applied for any of the recent train drivers vacancies that after speaking with recruitment they have asked for patience as they have over 1,600 applications to sift through!

they did they say they would be getting in touch with everyone shortly so I imagine at least an email to say that you are unsuccessful (if unfortunately you are) will be sent!

oh and by the way, happy Christmas as I have just noticed the clock tick over midnight!

francis oldfield

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
Amazed... I got a call off their human resources manager.... don't see that at other companies!

Established Member
I'm still waiting for an outcome too, tbh. My call was a query about relocating.

Fingers crossed eh?

Established Member
They were asking about my place in Manchester, about whether I was renting it or owned it.... ie if relocating, would there be a delay in getting a new place 'darn 'sarf.

Matt Taylor

Established Member
Be patient, I applied for a non-commercial guard role in May 2010 and it took until last week to get my medical confirmed with a provisional start date in February. I too am relocating, from Portsmouth to Strawberry Hill so although it isn't ideal they will still take people on who are willing to relocate.

Some of the guys 'off the street' who did the assessment with me had been waiting up to two years so be prepared for a long wait-but it is worth it in the end. PM me if anybody needs more details.

you've done very well then? on 3 separate occasions I have applied for jobs that are "outside their minimum commuting time" and been turned down each time as they said I have to move BEFORE I apply for the job.

floydeeeee

you've done very well then? on 3 separate occasions I have applied for jobs that are "outside their minimum commuting time" and been turned down each time as they said I have to move BEFORE I apply for the job.

thats just wrong, as long as you can get there on time whats does it matter how far you live away. Also if your willing to move i dont see the issue. How they can xpect you to move for a job you may not get is disgusting!

Matt Taylor

Established Member

I think that the fact it was an internal appointment was probably a key point in the decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.