• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Redhill GWR Conductor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Sussexdrummer

Thanks. Ive got my assessment coming up. Passed my phone interview. Guess it was readvertised / extended?

Bourlea

Congratulations, I failed my telephone interview last week :(
Good luck for the assessment day

Sussexdrummer

Congratulations, I failed my telephone interview last week :(
Good luck for the assessment day

Oh no! Sorry to hear that, Im sure you'll be fine when you get another crack.

I'm well used to competency based questions due to a career in a big corporate. Ive conducted dozens of those type of interviews myself, so I knew how to prepare for the interview and structure my answers.

If you want any help with future interviews, feel free to drop me a PM.

I'll struggle more on the assessments than you would I bet :)

Last edited:

387star

On Moderation
Would you or anyone else for that matter know if passed conductor assessments with other TOCs will be taken into consideration by First Group?

Well as far as I know yes

I passed my guard assessments internally with Southern in late 2012 (I actually made a hash of the SCATT in 2010) for a speculative application but then applied for FGW and went straight to managers interview in June 2013 as they said my assessments could be carried over. I started that September with a six week holiday... I needed it after a year and a half working nights :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.