• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Refund advance tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hi All, stupid me only went and double booked himself tonight! I've got tickets to York for April to see the 70 tour, but can't attend now (East Coast) can I get a refund for my tickets? if so is it the usual £10 fee ?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Tom B

Established Member
I think most advance purchase tickets come with a no refund tag, but if you need to make the same journey at a later date you should be able to change them for a £10 "admin" fee.

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
£10 admin charge isn't excellent for Adv. Tickets under a tenner - you end up on the wrong end of the stick.

John @ home

Established Member
can I get a refund for my tickets?
No refunds are available, except where the service was disrupted when travel was due to take place. You can change the ticket for any other date and time within the booking window. The change must be complete by the date and time of the first reserved train. The changed tickets must have the same origin, the same destination, and the East Coast site insists on the same route.
if so is it the usual £10 fee ?
If the tickets are wholly unused due to service disruption there is no fee. Otherwise the £10 change fee per ticket applies plus any difference in price. Details here.

So it is £10 to change my outward ticket and £10 to change my return ticket? or is it £10 altogether?

TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.