• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Repaint countdown for FCC, FGW and ATW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Rhydgaled

Established Member
...Is sat outside Crewe LWNR. And yes, its blue.
WAG/158 'blue' (actually dark turquoise/teal) or ATW standard 'blue' (more green if you ask me, and actually turquoise)? Where in Crewe is LNWR, I know the DRS depot is passed on the approach from Shrewsbury but not where LNWR is, and is 150213 likely to still be there on Friday?

fgwrich

Established Member
I gather it's been sat outside in the LNWR area at least yesterday, but it probably would be there on Friday. As for the livery, again it's most likely to be ATW WAG blue. We shall see, but thats what i gather its going in.

Rhydgaled

Established Member
Reported on UK Rail this morning as having passed Gresty Lane heading towards Shrewsbury at 07:46 carrying Arriva "158" livery.
There goes the idea that the Gerald/158 livery is the ATW 'express' livery. Wonder why 153s received a fresh coat of the old livery though.

SprinterMan

Established Member
There goes the idea that the Gerald/158 livery is the ATW 'express' livery. Wonder why 153s received a fresh coat of the old livery though.

It's not only the 153s that are keeping the old colours, the 142s and 143s are also being repainted into these colours. I am glad the 153s are keeping the old livery, as I think it suits them:
262306.jpg

From what I hear, after the 150s are done the 175s are likely to be repainted into WAG blue also. It should end up:

Arriva Bus Teal
142s
143s
153s

Arriva WAG Blue
150s
158s
175s
67+Mk3s

Anyone have any pic inside/outside of the newly refurbished 150213?

Adam :D

Rhydgaled

Established Member
It should end up:

Arriva Bus Teal
142s
143s
153s

Arriva WAG Blue
150s
158s
175s
67+Mk3s
If the 150s were in the 'Arriva bus teal' category it would make sense, WAG blue for express trains and bus teal for everything else. Why are 150s being painted in the WAG livery when it is not for the whole fleet?

CJ

Yep, that does look good/better. Shame about no interior refurbishment.

No WAG logo on the trains either. ;)

Rhydgaled

Established Member
The light green ends are too long
I agree, far too long (in fact, I'd rather the 'ATW WAG blue' livery did not have them at all and used that colour on the doors instead of the light blue, like the WAG express mrk2 coaches).

Not sue if it is the 'middly doors' that do it, but the livery certainly doesn't look nearly as good as it does on Gerald or a 158. Still, I think it makes the 150 look slightly better than the standard ATW livery on Pacers, 153s, 175s and all the other ATW 150s at the moment.

Michael.Y

Established Member
150213 oop norf working the Borderlands Line

https://secure.flickr.com/photos/the_prisoner/8477643347/in/photostream/

C/O the Prisoner's flickr
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
150213... Interior has had a few minor tweaks... One row of foldup seats in the disabled/bike area has been removed, the ceiling above the lights has been painted, but apart from that, it's much the same. Not even the stickers have been replaced. One thing though... It may be my imagination but the ride seemed a lot smoother than you'd expect from a 150. Doors still a bit rattly though.

Rhydgaled

Established Member
Better start the countdown till the first 165 & 166 comes out in plain blue too.
Are they being repainted soon then?

Is there a reason FirstGW are not putting the 'local lines' vinyls (at least, I assume they must be vinyls) on the 150s and 153s that are plain blue? It can't just be because the franchise was due to end soon (not anymore of course, as now they'll have an extension because franchising/DfT was found to be faulty) and they had to do something another operator could quickly change as surely vinyls be taken off quite quickly?

CC 72100

Established Member
FGW: 153329 & 153369. Now Plain Blue as per the 150/1s.

I had a feeling we were missing a couple of 153s, seems to be a lot of single pacers at the moment on diagrams that would normally be strengthened with a further pacer or 153.

When was 369 repainted? - I had it in local lines on the 21st of January, and haven't seen it in the new scheme yet.

Why these two to be the first couple - we still have the 'confused twins' of 325 and 333 knocking about in LM green? Has any interior work been done? And as daft as a question this sounds, why are they repainting them? They don't look that bad!
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Better start the countdown till the first 165 & 166 comes out in plain blue too.

I wouldn't be so sure, remember they are in Dynamic, not Local Lines livery. So far we've only seen indications that LL is no longer the livery of choice, so they may still regain dynamic lines.

fgwrich

Established Member
Nope, 153325 & 153333 are still knocking around in London Midland (FGW) livery, with the ex Wessex 329 & 369 know about to re-enter traffic in plain blue. 329 was done up at Tyseley, with 369 being done at Wolverton as part of it's C6, after visiting Tyseley for it's C4. Odd choice though of starting the 153 C6 Overhaul before the 150s though as there more in need of the C6!

As for the Turbos, sadly the livery of choice is now the simpler plain blue livery so that's how our 165 & 166s will return from Wolverton in. Don't forget though that while they carry Dynamic Lines and are Alu bodied, they are slowly starting to show the effects of their West Fleet vinyl cousins especially around the window frames. Don't forget that technically they're still in as built NSE livery too! :o

fgwrich

Established Member
I thought the Thames Trains livery was painted on?

As far as i can remember it's all vinyl - Thames didn't even introduce their livery untill around 1999/2000. In fact, there's a picture somewhere of the rubbed down NSE livery on a Turbo in Reading Depot having it's Dynamic Lines graphics applied by 3M.

Even the roofs are still in original condition.

Status
Not open for further replies.