• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

request for something we ALL can enjoy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

T

Tom

Well...seeing as you continually carry on requesting - why don't you make an attempt yourself? The Mallard would be relatively easy as there is a lot of resource material.

Coxster

Established Member
It's not about time anyone made anything. People simply make what they want to make.

Darandio

Established Member
This lad doesn't half get some hammer on here but really foxkid, nobody is going to make anything, learn how to do it yourself.

foxkid

I'm trying to...can't find any steam sounds to tell you the truth, and you all, quit biting my head off. If thats going to continue happening, well, you may just lose a member.

Darandio

Established Member
Not that I am an expert on the matter but I do believe it takes time. Ask around on the forum for the bits you want, I am sure that somebody will have some steam sounds either available from a clip or from a video.

Once again, I am no expert but shouldn't you concentrate on the model of it first?

Established Member
Yes They've all said this to me foxkid? i once asked alot of qestions then I just left it to wait , you know what they say ''You can do it if you B&Q it'' Try that! or you can download mallard...:smile:

Turbostar

This foxkid, prob means well, but has got people's back up in the past with his DEMANDS, & has been told time & time again no-one is gonna drop everything just to satisfy him, & he wonders why people get on at him!?

Mart

foxkid

you know what, I' bloody dam tired of having this stuff go on every time I post something like this. You bloody people won't have to worry about this **** cause I'm done with these boards. Go and pester someone else and don't ever expect content from me. I'm probably through with bloody BVE too. Goodbye, and good riddance.

T

Tom

foxkid, while I do understand you, you must realise that all you do is just request.

I gave you a very constructive comment about you trying to make your own, IMHO most steam trains sound the same (to me anyway) and the literature for the cabview is obviously available in books, or at the NRM.

Tom

foxkid

I can hear differences in steamers, I have very sensitive hearing, I can tell a King Class from a P2 Mikado, and a Union Pacific 4-8-8-4 Bigboy and it's little brother the 4-6-6-4 Challenger...Sorry everyone about the older post..I overreacted a bit. Yeah, I request alot. But I never asked anyone to drop what they're doing and make it, I just simply threw it out there. I have a question, is making a BVE steamer easier than a diesel, and how do I create a custom engine specification for it? However, Liam, you were defiantly out of line to say the least.

Jim

Established Member
you know what, I' bloody dam tired of having this stuff go on every time I post something like this. You bloody people won't have to worry about this **** cause I'm done with these boards. Go and pester someone else and don't ever expect content from me. I'm probably through with bloody BVE too. Goodbye, and good riddance.
So, you are suggesting that it is Mr. Beavers fault for going to uni (or whatever he might do) so he has no time to make trains, Tom's fault for having to go to school & Steve Greens fault for having a life besides BVE, BVE IS FREE so the people MAKING things for it DO IT IN THERE SPARE TIME rant over

Darandio

Established Member
So, you are suggesting that it is Mr. Beavers fault for going to uni (or whatever he might do) so he has no time to make trains, Tom's fault for having to go to school & Steve Greens fault for having a life besides BVE, BVE IS FREE so the people MAKING things for it DO IT IN THERE SPARE TIME rant over

Hasn't he already apologised about that post? Why didn't you quote that as well? Stop having a go at him or he will bugger off and I want to see how this Mallard project materialises. :smile:

Darandio

Established Member
But we are not pestering him, he is pesetering US! ;) :lol:

Yeah, I know that and am not disputing it but you never know, he could turn out to be a complete genius at creating models for trainsims. Then again, he might not. :lol:

Darandio

Established Member
A great secondary school education probably, courtesy of our government.
Is that how you spell noone like?

ChrisCooper

Established Member
Well, considering the number of people who have started off just as bad if not worse and turned into functional and valuble members of the BVE community, I think it's worth cutting the newbies a little slack. Afterall, it's not like we're overrun with people, so the more the better.
Still, it has to be remembered that BVE add-ons are made by people in their spair time, usually around school/work, social/family lives and other hobbies, so tend to not have that much time for developing stuff for BVE, and therefore things are slow. Also, people tend to work on things that are of interest to them, and often that are easier for them to do for whatever reason (e.g routes or trains that are local to them, so they are more familiar with and can much easier get the information). This means that requests for things usually won't get a very good response, and often the best way to get things is to build them yourself. There are plenty of people here who can give help and advice and perhaps provide things like pictures or sounds (requests for that sort of thing are much more likely to be sucessful, the community on the whole is very good at helping each other).
As far as Steam goes, the main reason there isn't a lot for BVE is since BVE isn't really suited to steam, as it's based around EMUs. Even diesels arn't 100% accurate. That doesn't say it can't be done though. Also, it does seem that most BVE developers are into modern traction rarther than steam.

The Snap

Established Member
It appears this foxkid guy can't get the message. I've lost count of the amount of times he's been told to stop requesting trains to be built, but he still persists.

Darandio

Established Member
My thoughts exactly Chris. All the lad has to do is ask for something that he cannot find and there are many people who would, i amagine, be more than happy to help.

I can also see the other side of the argument especially when you look at the title of the thread although I believe some people were hard on him at times. You never know, if he can gather the info that he wants, he may pull it off.

foxkid

I will say it in a few words! Fox fid : DONT Post anymore as your topics are full of BullSh*t! Go do some research! :book:
Look pal, I'm gonna remain calm with you, but I'll say this, back off. Or my finger might get a little happy on my mouse button while it's hovering over the report button. Now back onto the topic of the Mallard. I've got a cab view for the Mallard right now, screen shot will come soon.

Turbostar

It's not the case of him pestering us as such, although he does go on a bit with every so often he comes up with another loco or unit, it's more the case of foxkid's attitude, as in he DEMANDS one to be made, WHY wont someone make this, WHY wont someone do this, WHY can't someone do this, etc. etc. Maybe if he thought about what he's saying & asking in the first place, he prob won't get people's back up, & at the moment he's doing just that. I'm not trying to stick up for him, just an observation in the way he puts his messages across.

Mart

Status
Not open for further replies.