• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Reservations for one TOC with another TOC's logo on them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clansman

Established Member
Currently on the 17.21 from Sheffield to Glasgow Central where I discovered that they had GWR printed reservations. Just wondering how common it is for TOCs to issue reservations for another. I'm presuming this was due to a fault with the electric displays which meant that XC required to print some off at Plymouth?

Attachments

• 20170609_184042.jpg
    20170609_184042.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 182
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ScouserGirl

wouldn't say they issued them would just say cross country printed them off on gwr reservation labels

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Looks like XC 'borrowed' some seat reservation labels from GWR

I've been on East Coast/Virgin Trains East Coast trains that have started from Aberdeen or Inverness which have ScotRail reservation tickets in them. I have also seen normal orange train tickets with the reservations printed on them in one case. I think they use what they can find if they haven't got any reservation tickets of their own.

iantherev

The train started from Plymouth. The electronic reservation system doesn't always reload there so if there's time manual reservations often produced using whatever is available to print them on.

route101

Established Member
Currently on the 17.21 from Sheffield to Glasgow Central where I discovered that they had GWR printed reservations. Just wondering how common it is for TOCs to issue reservations for another. I'm presuming this was due to a fault with the electric displays which meant that XC required to print some off at Plymouth?

That service is normally a HST . sEEN gwr labels before on that service . Also seen GNER on Virgin XC country .

Dhassell

A few months ago, There was a GWR 158 running around with Transpennine Express reservation labels!

Clansman

Established Member
Cheers for the replies. Honestly never knew that this sort of thing happens. Learn something new every day I guess.

Established Member
A few months ago, There was a GWR 158 running around with Transpennine Express reservation labels!

Sure they weren't FGW? I've seen XC HSTs with what I thought were FTPE reservations-but a closer look proved they were in fact FGW...

dk1

Veteran Member
Never really paid attention but would assume the reservations on the Nottingham/Liverpool bound EMT services from Norwich use GA branded labels.

Clansman

Established Member
Never really paid attention but would assume the reservations on the Nottingham/Liverpool bound EMT services from Norwich use GA branded labels.

Surprisingly not - I've always seen EMT labels.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
It's not that uncommon for this to happen; some TOCs operate well outside their core areas so either another TOC may print them or another TOC may provide them with some labels.
wouldn't say they issued them ...
I agree; an 'issuer' of a ticket or reservation is a different concept. I have amended the title accordingly.

Established Member
Before SWT stopped providing reservations, the "Reserved" card on trains starting from Exeter were often (maybe always, but I don't know for sure) on FGW cards.

HowardGWR

Established Member
Before SWT stopped providing reservations, the "Reserved" card on trains starting from Exeter were often (maybe always, but I don't know for sure) on FGW cards.
Funnily enough, I've just had some very helpful answers about reservations on this route on the Fares Advice forum. I booked for an XC service Exeter to Leeds via the GWR web site and was able to reserve after failing on the SWT site. It was was explained that the SWT won't / can't do that anymore.

I am awaiting the bundle from GWR in the post, but will the reservation voucher will be all 'GWR' printing? This is just about the labels is it?

On the subject of reservation cards - I was on a GWR service the other day and saw a number of seat cards giving the seat number and no other details. I've never seen this before, even whole journey reservations state the joining and leaving stations usually.

Does it mean anything special or has the reservation system had a hiccup ?

route101

Established Member
Does anyone know of Glasgow to Stranraer services still offer seat reservations?

Status
Not open for further replies.