• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Restriction LK (London Midland)

Status
Not open for further replies.

telstarbox

Established Member
The Birmingham-London LM Only super off-peak return takes restriction LK, part of which states (for Mon-Fri):

Restriction LK said:
Not valid for travel on London Midland services timed to DEPART any station between 1630 and 1930 in either direction (except for the 1829 London Euston to Crewe service and 1833 Crewe to Northampton service) unless a connecting service is being used to complete a journey begun at a valid time.

Does it mean that it can be used to board at Birmingham at 1600 and remain on the train to London (where it would arrive after 1630), or must the journey be done completely outside 1630-1930?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

John @ home

Established Member
Does it mean that it can be used to board at Birmingham at 1600 and remain on the train to London (where it would arrive after 1630), or must the journey be done completely outside 1630-1930?
I agree that the wording is ambiguous, but the journey planners make it clear that the ticket can be used to board a train which leaves Birmingham at a valid time and to remain on that train to London. The last such train before the weekday evening blackout period is the 1553, arriving Euston 1818.

Last edited:

johnnychips

Established Member
That is terrible English. It implies that if you get on a train before 1630, but then before 1930 it stops anywhere in between, you can't use it.

Paul Kelly

Verified Rep - BR Fares
I wonder is it supposed to say "timed to depart the origin station shown on the ticket" instead of "timed to depart any station". There is a similar issue of confusion with CrossCountry's restriction BX on Off-Peak Day Returns.

SickyNicky

Verified Rep - FastJP
The electronic version of restriction code LK bans travel on any trains departing any station between 16.30 and 19.30. It therefore allows travel on any train that starts before 16.30, regardless of what happens after that.

Because of the ways it's coded, booking engines will probably not offer connecting services after 16.30 even though the restriction code text seems to allow them.

Tomonthetrain

Established Member
A contradiction (in my mind anyway) lies within the Break Of Journey on outward for the Super Off Peak Return tickets

Attachments

• SC20121121-230525.png
    SC20121121-230525.png
    133.6 KB · Views: 22

Paul Kelly

Verified Rep - BR Fares
I'm guessing this is from BRfares.com? The left-hand column (which contains text prohibiting break of journey on the outward portion) is the restriction shown against the ticket's restriction code that is referred to in the right-hand column. The right-hand column (as the heading says) simply contains general conditions for all Super Off-Peak Returns.

Tomonthetrain

Established Member
I'm guessing this is from BRfares.com? The left-hand column (which contains text prohibiting break of journey on the outward portion) is the restriction shown against the ticket's restriction code that is referred to in the right-hand column. The right-hand column (as the heading says) simply contains general conditions for all Super Off-Peak Returns.

Yes but double checked with NFM10 and 11

Status
Not open for further replies.