• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Revenue Protection Staff For TPE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone give me some good interview tips and also what kind of test that would be used for this?

Thanks.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
OK Anyone got any good interview Tips That Can be shared?
Ok Anyone got Any interview tips for this toc?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

aszu

Can anyone give me some good interview tips and also what kind of test that would be used for this?

Thanks.

my good advice is to be yourself; i don`t think there will be any tricky questions, just show them you have appreciation for the job and common sense.

ChrisTheRef

Established Member
Knowing something about the company is always useful.

Just simple stuff like where their trains operate shows that you know what you're on about

Have a look on http://www.theopc.co.uk/tests/station/

Those are the sorts of assessments they will put you through, normally 2 or 3 of those. Usually the Ticket Office Cashing Up Test will certainly be amongst them.

Usually if you pass the assessments you will go forward to interview.

The interview will prob and what sort of person you are, why you want the job and more importantly how you deal with certain situations, how would you react to an angry customer, how would you try to get information out of someone who was lying to you.

stevie

Thanks.

What position are you going for/Revenue or Conductor, i think i may be able to help you.

stevie

Revenue. but also got applications in for Conductoe

Hi, well first of all: the aplication form on the section about aditional information, make sure you fill this, as it showes you have taken the time to consider the position you have applied for.

Revenue jobs: their will be no tests on this job depends where you have applied for but i do knowq they are very short staffed at the moment at hudersfield, above all else be honest at your interview.

Conductor jobs: now this is completely different, you will have a stage 1 interview, just be your selfe dress smart, you will be asked questions like: when was the last time you went out of your way to help someone, how do you see yourselfe as a team member, why do think you will make a difference to the on board team, so have a good think about this before your interview.
Your answers are marked down as points, you need to score x amount of points.
Then you will have a practical test: maths/ english/ reading, don't worry you only need to score about 70%, then you have a medical, then a stage 2 interview that is more informal more of a chat, i hope this helps.

aszu

there`s also concentration test for conductors, the famous dots in all variations.

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Welcome to the forum Stevie :)

Revenue jobs: their will be no tests on this job depends where you have applied for but i do knowq they are very short staffed at the moment at hudersfield, above all else be honest at your interview.

I would imagine conductors are paid a lot more than the revenue staff at stations. The conductors are mostly friendly, and helpful, on TPE in my experience.

TPE probably have one of the best staff in the country for giving passengers advice e.g. for connections (although there is a XC guard who is also brilliant, and with a memory that cannot be matched) but I forgot his name.

I wish the OP good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.