• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

reverser problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbruce1314

I've just reinstalled BVE4 using a fresh core program then copied all old files from one hard drive to the other.
BUT - now nearly every time I look at the TT, or release/reapply the brakes, etc. etc. the reverser goes to neutral. Happens with all routes and all stocks.
I've asked around all over and nobody seems to have had the same problem. I've even reinstalled again with no change.
I never had it before. What have I done has happened? I'm lost for ideas

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Simon_G

Did you uninstall your old copy of BVE using the Add and Remove Programs dialog before reinstalling?

Simon_G

The old installation was on the old hard drive - the new installation is on a freshly formatted drive, and the fault appeared immediately.
Right, so you've completely removed the old drive and have a fresh copy of Windows running on the new one? I had an idea that with installations of BVE in two different places, there might be confusion in the registry if the first hadn't been properly uninstalled. Obviously if you've got a clean new registry that isn't going to be so.

Sorry, I can't help except to say that if you look at the Vista thread, some folk seem to be having a similar problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.