• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

RO2 job role

Status
Not open for further replies.

MiNi

Does anyone have an up to date job description or assessment day role for swr please.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MiNi

So after attending the assessment centre today for rail operator 2(RO2). After 4 pen and paper tests and 1 audio the assessor said I'd passed. Interview already booked for 10 am tomorrow!!!.

MiNi

Interview done,I think it went ok. 3 more to interview today,as it's bank holiday next week I may hear by Wednesday/Thursday. If successful they may try to get me on the course starting on (yes you guessed it). May 23rd!!!!!! like many on here.

MiNi

Still waiting on any news for this role. Emailed recruitment twice today,got a reply saying my email had been forwarded to the right department.

MiNi

Carry on regardless. Looking on the first group website etc. I'm still in a talent pool for dispatcher for GWR at Taunton/Exeter aswell.
Never give up!!!

Danish

Interview done,I think it went ok. 3 more to interview today,as it's bank holiday next week I may hear by Wednesday/Thursday. If successful they may try to get me on the course starting on (yes you guessed it). May 23rd!!!!!! like many on here.
Hi, sorry to hear that you didn’t pass the interview but Could you please be able to share the interview questions, would be great help

Last edited:

Twotwo

Hi, sorry to hear that you didn’t pass the interview but Could you please be able to share the interview questions, would be great help
That's a bit cheeky to ask. Think customer service, working as a team and following rules and procedure etc

LCC106

Established Member
Yep. The general idea is you answer what comes into your head on the day so they can see if you’re a good fit, not ask for the questions on a forum. Good luck!

DunfordBridge

That's a bit cheeky to ask. Think customer service, working as a team and following rules and procedure etc
Not entirely sure I agree with you. It is always quite easy to be caught out by what seems like a trick question at the time, which, in retrospect, you could have answered quite easily, had you been expecting the question.

LCC106

Established Member
Not entirely sure I agree with you. It is always quite easy to be caught out by what seems like a trick question at the time, which, in retrospect, you could have answered quite easily, had you been expecting the question.
No, it’s called a level playing field for all who apply. The employers need to know they have a naturally good fit. It’s a strenuous job when it comes to dealing with a variety of folk from those who need a bit more help to find their trains to those who assault staff in the line of duty. The questions are designed to find the best fit for the job. Those who really want to do a great job will have done all the legwork off their own bat prior to interview. By spoon feeding people you have never met, it may put those who are a better natural fit at a disadvantage. No disrespect to anyone.

(Incidentally, admin have already deleted a post that quoted questions, which suggests that they concur although I may be wrong)

Bayum

Established Member
I think it shows initiative personally. In education, we know there are always going to be questions around safeguarding and what ‘outstanding lessons’ look like etc but always have people ask school if there are any particular questions they have in the interview; every school is at its own unique point on a journey to wherever. Some will be RI and needing leadership - what leadership are they after? In what area? How far along that scale of change are they? Etc etc. customer service is very similar - the corner stones of customer service are there but each company will have its own unique values but how those are applied or how any initiatives are in place to further those values may be very different.

Flange Squeal

Established Member
On the flip side if someone applying for a customer service role needs to rely on the exact questions in order to pass the interview, rather than just considering the topics and researching/considering their own answers, then they may struggle when then actually doing the job - where you are on the front line in disruption with hoards of people in front of you all wanting their questions answered. The ability to be able to think of answers to questions that you don't know are coming is a skill someone thinking of applying for that job should ideally possess and be prepared to demonstrate, or they may find their new job to be somewhat stressful and tricky.

DunfordBridge

Basically, there have been one or two times where I have been caught on the hop and I have not been able to answer the question in the interview situation. Having returned home and reviewed the situation, I am left thinking, I could have answered that quite easily, such is the benefit of hindsight.

No, it’s called a level playing field for all who apply. The employers need to know they have a naturally good fit. It’s a strenuous job when it comes to dealing with a variety of folk from those who need a bit more help to find their trains to those who assault staff in the line of duty. The questions are designed to find the best fit for the job. Those who really want to do a great job will have done all the legwork off their own bat prior to interview. By spoon feeding people you have never met, it may put those who are a better natural fit at a disadvantage. No disrespect to anyone.

(Incidentally, admin have already deleted a post that quoted questions, which suggests that they concur although I may be wrong)

I appreciate what you are saying but a level playing field is something of a utopian ideal. People are always going to discuss interview questions and answers on the internet, and in any case, say if someone has failed an interview for a particular role, when they return for a second interview, they are going to have a very good idea of the questions that are posed, even with the hindrance of a six month wait.

On the flip side if someone applying for a customer service role needs to rely on the exact questions in order to pass the interview, rather than just considering the topics and researching/considering their own answers, then they may struggle when then actually doing the job - where you are on the front line in disruption with hoards of people in front of you all wanting their questions answered. The ability to be able to think of answers to questions that you don't know are coming is a skill someone thinking of applying for that job should ideally possess and be prepared to demonstrate, or they may find their new job to be somewhat stressful and tricky.

That is a very good point but I would like to think that even with the benefit of providing scripts to specific questions, the general demeanour of a candidate is going to be taken into account in an interview situation. Not so much what you say, but how you say it. I know I personally would find the situation that you described somewhat taxing, as I am sure would many people.

Status
Not open for further replies.