• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Road Fund Licence Refund Scam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Old Timer

Established Member
Yet another cynical Government scam comes to light.

This concerns the refund of the unexpired portion of the Road Fund Licence.

OT has been changing cars just recently, ans in line with previous practice the plan was to do this towards the end of the month so that the new car tax Licence (RFL) would start in Dec and the old car would be traded in at the end of Nov, with the RFL returned for refund.

The scheme however has been altered in a most cynical way.

The RFL will only be refunded when the change of ownership has been registered, and will also not cover the period in which the RFL has not been used relative to that.

By way of actual example.

OT trades his vehicle at the car dealer and sends off his portion of the registration document. He also sends off the RFL for refund for the period Dec to August. This is done in the last two weeks of Nov.

Replacement car is available from 1st Dec with RFL starting then.

DVLA however will only refund full months after the registration details have been changed. So in this case, as details were not changed until after Dec 1, despite being sent in November, the RFL refund will only run from Jan to Aug, thus depriving the whole month of December when the vehicle was not only out of my ownership but will have since been re-taxed by the new owners.

I have therefore paid for an extra month when I did not even have the car, as well as for the RFL on the new car. <(<(<(<(

Absolutely disgraceful, and a cynical way of taking more money as this will apply to any vehicle change now towards the end of the month unless you are prepared to do without a vehicle for several weeks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

4SRKT

Established Member
I assume you're not surprised that the government is populated by utterly cynical cheats?

Status
Not open for further replies.