• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Routing question Cambridge into London

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsm24601

Hi all, I've recently restarted my commute and am now travelling into Stratford from Cambridge. I am aware I have two main/timely routes - Cam to King's Cross, and then using oyster on HS1 to Stratford international; and via Tottenham Hale on the Liverpool Street line, into Stratford Station.

I wanted to ask if a anytime day return to London terminals is valid on the second route - as the Tottenham Hale to Stratford train terminates at Stratford, and it isn't considered a terminus? I probably intend to buy a return in this way to give me the two options if possible.

Thanks for any insight!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Veteran Member
Hi all, I've recently restarted my commute and am now travelling into Stratford from Cambridge. I am aware I have two main/timely routes - Cam to King's Cross, and then using oyster on HS1 to Stratford international; and via Tottenham Hale on the Liverpool Street line, into Stratford Station.

I wanted to ask if a anytime day return to London terminals is valid on the second route - as the Tottenham Hale to Stratford train terminates at Stratford, and it isn't considered a terminus? I probably intend to buy a return in this way to give me the two options if possible.

Thanks for any insight!
Yes it is. You are only just over 2 miles off the direct route into Liverpool St, and you can break your journey on an anytime ticket.

A quick way to check routes (with flexible tickets) is to put a Via point into a journey planner (Stratford in this case!) and check that it will still show your fare that way.

(PS you can't, of course, use the ticket to do CBG-LST-SRA (=Stratford) and return the same way!)

jsm24601

Yes it is. You are only just over 2 miles off the direct route into Liverpool St, and you can break your journey on an anytime ticket.

A quick way to check routes (with flexible tickets) is to put a Via point into a journey planner (Stratford in this case!) and check that it will still show your fare that way.

(PS you can't, of course, use the ticket to do CBG-LST-SRA (=Stratford) and return the same way!)
Perfect answer, thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.