• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Royal Welsh Show 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

sd0733

Established Member
Looks like it's actually booked 150+153 on the Builth Road but is now down for 153913+153312+153382 today.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Envoy

Established Member
I see that these special trains take 1 hour 32 minutes to get from Cardiff to Llandeilo as they use the short cut via the Swansea District Line. Normally, going via Llanelli with a change of train at Swansea, it takes 2 hours 23 minutes (or more) to get between Cardiff & Llandeilo. It surely would attract more passengers if a direct service could run between Cardiff & the Heart of Wales Line - both locals & tourists? A bus link could be provided between Llanelli & Pontarddulais and another between Llandeilo & Carmarthen - where a bus service does exist but it does not match the trains. Swansea passengers could use a new Morriston Parkway station by the M4.

These Royal Welsh specials just show what could be done - especially of this line had modern air condition stock rather than the clapped out 153’s that are running today.

Jez

Established Member
I see the other Heart of Wales Line services have been doubled up to 2 carriages - with a 150 on two of the diagrams and a pair of 153s on the 3rd diagram. I think HOWL normally gets a single 153 on each diagram. So that's 2 extra 153s and 2 extra 150's they have managed to find!

animationmilo

I see the other Heart of Wales Line services have been doubled up to 2 carriages - with a 150 on two of the diagrams and a pair of 153s on the 3rd diagram. I think HOWL normally gets a single 153 on each diagram. So that's 2 extra 153s and 2 extra 150's they have managed to find!
Pretty easy today and tomorrow as there as alot of cancelled trains on the network due to the heatwave, Crewe-Shrewsbury stopper not running and Chester to Liverpool not running and Conwy Valley line too

Jez

Established Member
Pretty easy today and tomorrow as there as alot of cancelled trains on the network due to the heatwave, Crewe-Shrewsbury stopper not running and Chester to Liverpool not running and Conwy Valley line too
True but some of them will be up North I assume..

krus_aragon

Established Member
True but some of them will be up North I assume..
Extra carriages are put on for the Royal Welsh every year, so it will have been planned out in advance (and adapted for the shortage of 150s). Tagging an extra unit on a southbound Marches service over the weekend would be a likely positioning move.

70014IronDuke

Established Member
Has anyone one in here been out on the special working, or any HoWL trains today? If so, how were the loadings pl?

I must say, it's seems a little odd to advise people not to travel unless absolutely necessary and then put extra trains on for an event!

Anonymous10

Established Member
Has anyone one in here been out on the special working, or any HoWL trains today? If so, how were the loadings pl?

I must say, it's seems a little odd to advise people not to travel unless absolutely necessary and then put extra trains on for an event!
its advising people not to travel unless necessary but since its a once yearly event good chance people will still travel so you need to have adequate provision

Class 170101

Established Member
The BBC was at the show filming yesterday and it wasn't as busy as in previous years they sugested.

Status
Not open for further replies.