• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

RST online leisure site

The Puddock

I'm having a bit of bother with the Rail Staff Travel website today, which I have to use to book priv travel because I'm issued with the online leisure card issued to Network Rail staff.

I'm trying to book an open return from Perth to Shipley on 12th April but the site isn't displaying any fares for this journey. Instead the site just shows a pop up saying "No fares have been found for your selected service". It doesn't seem to matter which date I select as it displays this even if I pick tomorrow for travel. I've done a bit of experimenting with different stations and the issue seems to affect any itinerary involving LNER, CrossCountry or Lumo, although TPE seems unaffected and I can get it to offer a few LNER services for journeys entirely within England. The brfares.com site suggests that there is a slightly more expensive priv fare available routed via Carlisle and set by Avanti (rather than via Leeds set by LNER) but RST online isn't displaying this either, although it will let me pick Perth to Carlisle and Carlisle to Shipley as separate legs at a significantly increased cost.

Is this a known problem (perhaps related to the ongoing industrial action?) and is there any workaround for it? If I had a normal leisure card I would just go to the booking office and get it sorted but unfortunately that isn't an option.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Veteran Member
You have been caught by LNER's policy of issuing all tickets as singles.
Will the site allow you to book a single, or a fixed return? The LNER site only allows those.

I can only find ANY PERMITTED fares to Shipley - whereas for Bingley there are only Leeds and Carlisle fares :)

The Puddock

Thanks, those suggestions helped me find what I needed now (I think I'll go via Carlisle to Bingley).

I had no idea that LNER doesn't sell return tickets - I very rarely travel by train. It would be nice if RST gave us a clue about it instead of a generic error messsage since we don't all work in the retail side of the industry...