• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Rude Scotrail staff?

Status
Not open for further replies.

matchmaker

Established Member
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/hotel-owners-left-furious-after-5343543

From the Daily Record.

Lizzie Mackenzie and Ollie Bennett, who run a B&B at the secluded Corrour Station, were running dangerously low on supplies after the track to their business became blocked.

The couple, whose station was made famous in the film Trainspotting , were forced to ask Scotrail, to drop off a box of goods on one of their multiple journeys past the hotel on March 6.

But they were shocked to discover a rude handwritten note from an employee which read: “This is a one of m8.”

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

A-driver

Established Member
Load of fuss about nothing. Exactly how do they know that was written by an employee and not just already on the box?!

And it says "this is a one OF mate", not one off as claimed, could that not equally mean "this is one of the boxes"?

A-driver

Established Member
I'd expect a little more cooperation in these sircomstances, even though the opperater in question doesnt strictly deal in parcels

And there is absolutely no evidence that it was written by anyone at scotrail except their claim.

Greenback

Emeritus Moderator
It's not a big deal. I'm sure Lizzie and Ollie might have the same attitude if someone was stranded and asked for a bit of help at the B&B. 'Yes, OK, but it's a one off, don't come out in every blizzard expecting a free night and breakfast'. :D

SPADTrap

Established Member
It's not a big deal. I'm sure Lizzie and Ollie might have the same attitude if someone was stranded and asked for a bit of help at the B&B. 'Yes, OK, but it's a one off, don't come out in every blizzard expecting a free night and breakfast'. :D

Perhaps we should all try it and see what happens! :D

davetheguard

Established Member
Sorry, I don't even understand what the words "this is a one of m8" means.

Should it be "this is a one off, (signed) m8" or what?

A-driver

Established Member
Sorry, I don't even understand what the words "this is a one of m8" means.

Should it be "this is a one off, (signed) m8" or what?

Or "this is one of the boxes mate"...

And it's only their assumption that SR staff write it! Could be an old box or written by a supplier or anything!

SPADTrap

Established Member
Or "this is one of the boxes mate"...

And it's only their assumption that SR staff write it! Could be an old box or written by a supplier or anything!

Precisely why their desire to 'work with Scotrail' just went down the pan! No chance to investigate internally just straight to the gutter press. Extremely shortsighted!

theblackwatch

Established Member
Precisely why their desire to 'work with Scotrail' just went down the pan! No chance to investigate internally just straight to the gutter press. Extremely shortsighted!

I agree, nice to see them being so grateful that ScotRail actually helped them out! If I was cynical, I'd think they were taking the opportunity to publicise their B&B....

DaleCooper

Established Member
Thr writing on the parcel is in three different hands so who's to know who wrote the offending bit.

Last edited:

Established Member
Do they not wish to buy a ticket to go and get the goods themselves? Lazy ungrateful sassenachs. :(

Greenback

Emeritus Moderator
In the good old days, there would have been no problem, all of the goods would probably have come by rail and the station staff and footplate men would probably have had the occasional or even regular free refreshment in return for delivering these things.

Darandio

Established Member
Whoever did it, its completely unprofessional...

Even if it was a re-used box with a message written for previous use? Would they then be unprofessional for re-using a box to do someone a favour?

Anyone offended by that must surely be part of the 'offended by anything or everything' movement, of which the membership seems to be dramatically growing.

Last edited:

Agent_c

Depends on their profession.

Unless their profession is "Talking to people in text-speak", then no.

Even if it was a re-used box with a message written for previous use? Would they then be unprofessional for re-using a box to do someone a favour?

Then someone in the past was completely unprofessional. Text Speak should not be used for communicating on a business-business or business-person level.

Last edited:

DaleCooper

Established Member

Then someone in the past was completely unprofessional. Text Speak should not be used for communicating on a business-business or business-person level.

I don't think text speak (or should that be text write?) should be used at all but then I'm an old fogey who uses correct spelling, punctuation and grammar in text messages, it takes forever. However we have to get used to change because it happens whether we like it or not.

SPADTrap

Established Member

What if the box was used previously on a person-person basis? A friend helping a friend move house maybe?

cf111

Established Member
What an absolute heap of sh... nonsense. Why go greeting to the papers? At most a quiet word with ScotRail, and even then I don't think I'd have bothered.

A-driver

Established Member
Whoever did it, its completely unprofessional...

Well you are just looking to be offended by anything arnt you! Unless you know the history of the box you can't really make such a stupid comment.

Agent_c

What if the box was used previously on a person-person basis? A friend helping a friend move house maybe?

I think you'd have to be stretching awfully far for that to be a plausable explanation. You'd surely tell your "m8" that it was a one off in person.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Well you are just looking to be offended by anything arnt you! Unless you know the history of the box you can't really make such a stupid comment.

Who said I'm offended.

If you're communicating with a customer you should be using proper English, or a reasonable facsimile thereof.

SPADTrap

Established Member
I think you'd have to be stretching awfully far for that to be a plausable explanation. You'd surely tell your "m8" that it was a one off in person.

Which is precisely my point: We don't know!

So your 'unprofessional' claims are just as unfounded, just as A-driver has pointed out :lol:

You can't tell me my explanation isn't plausible and then say what a person/people you don't know would 'surely' do!

Last edited:

TDK

Established Member
Just trying to work out here who is doing who the favour here? It should have said "ungrateful m8" but hey already mentioned it's free advertising and made the press.

Status
Not open for further replies.