• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

rugby to birmingham new street via coventry

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbb

Looking up prices for this journey I see that some but not all of the tickets on offer say "via coventry". I've not seen that before, is it new? Plus what other route could you take anyway, there doesn't seem to be any reasonable option other than the direct line that goes through coventry anyway

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
The Any Permitted fare is valid via Nuneaton as well as via Coventry.

The Via Coventry fares are new flows introduced recently after the Any Permitted fare was raised to close a so-called loophole.

jbb

Thank you that makes sense, although why I'd want to go via nuneaton I don't know. (I did it once when there was a diversion, it took ages!)

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Rugby - Birmingham was cheaper than Nuneaton - Birmingham.

jbb

I'm also convinced that I got an first class return for that journey on a saturday for just a few pounds more than a standard return for a virgin trains only return, but looking now it appears to be £16.80 return for the cheapest. I'm sure that I paid about £11 just a few weeks ago. I could well be wrong.

But does anyone know if that price has changed that much in the last few weeks too? (I don't intend to go 1st class, I'm just curious now)

Status
Not open for further replies.