Rushden Preservation society arson

Discussion in 'Railtours & Preservation' started by A0wen, 26 May 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A0wen

A0wen Established Member

Another heritage outfit has been visited by the arson vandals over the weekend.

Not sure if the Bristol RE is salvageable - the bubble car doesn't look too bad.

More mindless vandalism.

http://www.northampton-news-hp.co.u...amages-train/story-26571317-detail/story.html

‚Äč

Last edited by a moderator: 26 May 2015
  2. alexl92

alexl92 Established Member

Why do people do this?! Is there a reason for it or are they literally just absolute [insert words here]s? Such a shame. At least the decker and the bubble car aren't totally destroyed.

3. John Webb

John Webb Established Member

There are several reasons for arson - seeing the flames; watching the Fire Service and others rush about; 'You've got something I haven't got so I'll destroy it' and 'You've upset me and I want revenge' are the most common factors other than deliberate arson for financial gain. It is something in the psychological make-up of most people who commit arson in the first four catagories and is often not easy to diagnose and to provide a cure. There is little rational thought about what they are doing or it's consequences, except perhaps for the revenge reason when personal harm to someone may be the main intent. (I have been involved in fire safety matters for many years and have investigated a number of fires, although the majority were accidental rather than arson.)

4. alexl92

alexl92 Established Member

Thank you for taking the time to explain this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.