• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Rushden Preservation society arson

Status
Not open for further replies.

A0wen

On Moderation
Another heritage outfit has been visited by the arson vandals over the weekend.

Not sure if the Bristol RE is salvageable - the bubble car doesn't look too bad.

More mindless vandalism.

http://www.northampton-news-hp.co.u...amages-train/story-26571317-detail/story.html

Nick Bieber said:
'Deliberate' fire destroys bus and damages train carriage in Northamptonshire

A vintage 1960s single decker bus has been completely destroyed by a 'deliberate' fire.

Firefighters were called to the Rushden Transport Museum just after midnight on Bank Holiday Monday to find the classic bus well alight.
The heat of the fire also damaged a nearby vintage train carriage at the museum on North Street, which features a fleet of historic buses and railway carriages.

After the fire, a message was posted on Facebook by the museum, which reads: "Not a good night, we've had a fire overnight which has destroyed our Bristol Coach 250, sad news."

A spokesperson for Northants Fire and Rescue Service said no one was injured by the fire, which took place in the storage compound of the museum.

The spokeswoman added that it is believed the fire was started deliberately.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

alexl92

Established Member
Why do people do this?! Is there a reason for it or are they literally just absolute [insert words here]s? Such a shame. At least the decker and the bubble car aren't totally destroyed.

John Webb

Established Member
Why do people do this?! Is there a reason for it or are they literally just absolute [insert words here]s? Such a shame. At least the decker and the bubble car aren't totally destroyed.
There are several reasons for arson - seeing the flames; watching the Fire Service and others rush about; 'You've got something I haven't got so I'll destroy it' and 'You've upset me and I want revenge' are the most common factors other than deliberate arson for financial gain. It is something in the psychological make-up of most people who commit arson in the first four catagories and is often not easy to diagnose and to provide a cure. There is little rational thought about what they are doing or it's consequences, except perhaps for the revenge reason when personal harm to someone may be the main intent. (I have been involved in fire safety matters for many years and have investigated a number of fires, although the majority were accidental rather than arson.)

alexl92

Established Member
There are several reasons for arson - seeing the flames; watching the Fire Service and others rush about; 'You've got something I haven't got so I'll destroy it' and 'You've upset me and I want revenge' are the most common factors other than deliberate arson for financial gain. It is something in the psychological make-up of most people who commit arson in the first four catagories and is often not easy to diagnose and to provide a cure. There is little rational thought about what they are doing or it's consequences, except perhaps for the revenge reason when personal harm to someone may be the main intent. (I have been involved in fire safety matters for many years and have investigated a number of fires, although the majority were accidental rather than arson.)

Thank you for taking the time to explain this.

Status
Not open for further replies.