• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

S Stock Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dstock7080

Established Member
Someone mentioned to me that 21547/8 is now at Ruislip, but I don't know for sure if that's the case. Haven't seen any of the usual posts all over the place referencing a delivery.
Not yet delivered to London.

I was hoping to find 467/468 today, alas I've discovered from Kite159 that it was on H&C services today. I however did my hunting on the south side of the Circle!
Today on District T42.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Techniquest

Veteran Member
I knew I should have broken into the Emergency Funds to fund a mini London bash after work yesterday, I would have got that pair in!

Hopefully it'll produce somewhere on the afternoon/evening of 17th August, or during the morning of 18th August!

bluegoblin7

Established Member
I knew I should have broken into the Emergency Funds to fund a mini London bash after work yesterday, I would have got that pair in!

Hopefully it'll produce somewhere on the afternoon/evening of 17th August, or during the morning of 18th August!

If you drop a reminder nearer the time I'm sure one of us with the appropriate access can find out what it's doing for you!

Techniquest

Veteran Member
If you drop a reminder nearer the time I'm sure one of us with the appropriate access can find out what it's doing for you!

Thanks, I still need quite a few S7s (54 sets, so 27 pairs) and a fair number of S8s (36 sets, 18 pairs) so for the time being I've done well on my own. However, the opportunity to have some gen on the final two pairs won't go amiss!

Kite159

Veteran Member
I might be cheeky and ask which diagram 21439/440 is on when I hunt for it.

Saves festering at say South Kensington when it is on Hammersmith & City services

Techniquest

Veteran Member
On District T62 today.

Just to make sure I've understood correctly, T62 would be the train number that's shown on the front/rear end screens correct? I know the T doesn't show on those screens, I believe that it would read as 062. It might be bleeding obvious, but just wanted to check for future reference.

Mind you, I haven't yet gone for the WTTs on LU...

Dstock7080

Established Member
Just to make sure I've understood correctly, T62 would be the train number that's shown on the front/rear end screens correct?
Correct, 062 would be shown on displays above the cab at each end and on the side displays on end cars at termini (while driver changes ends).

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
Earls Court westbound platforms for 34 minutes was very dull on my last visit!

Surely South Kensington is much more efficient for S7 chasing festers as you'd have the Circle diagrams coming through as well, plus it's an island platform... You can grab the Wimblewares and H&C diagrams at Edgware Road ( yes - the Cirlces again there... )

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Surely South Kensington is much more efficient for S7 chasing festers as you'd have the Circle diagrams coming through as well, plus it's an island platform... You can grab the Wimblewares and H&C diagrams at Edgware Road ( yes - the Cirlces again there... )

Ah but you don't get the Edgware Road terminators at South Kensington. I think it was also just the fact I'd seen a winner heading south at West Brompton before I got to the LU side and was adament I wasn't missing it!

South Kensington is nicer to fester at though, definitely.

Kite159

Veteran Member
Agreed South Kensington has a few nice benches so you can sit and watch both sides for anything required. Got that S7 into my book, sadly due to it being quite crowded I bailed after one stop

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
Ah but you don't get the Edgware Road terminators at South Kensington. I think it was also just the fact I'd seen a winner heading south at West Brompton before I got to the LU side and was adamant I wasn't missing it!

Yes, but there's more diagrams on the Circle than on the Wimblewares; if you travel up from Wimbledon and you aren't unfortunate enough to pass one in the covered sections, you can see what's on all but two of the Wimbleware diagrams just by getting from Wimbledon to Earl's Court.

Dstock7080

Established Member
In spite of LUs previous claim that all S Stock trains had been delivered to London, this is now correct, as the last new train to be sent from Bombardier Derby works arrived in London this morning, namely 21547/48.

This finally completes the delivery of 192 S Stock trains, the first being delivered for testing on 26 October 2009 !

Kite159

Veteran Member
Excellent news :)

I'm sure I'm probably not the only basher who has been waiting for 21547/548 to arrive in London and to enter service

rebmcr

Established Member
In spite of LUs previous claim that all S Stock trains had been delivered to London, this is now correct, as the last new train to be sent from Bombardier Derby works arrived in London this morning, namely 21547/48.

This finally completes the delivery of 192 S Stock trains, the first being delivered for testing on 26 October 2009 !

There are still a bunch returned (or due to be) to Derby, right? Is there any indication of when all 192 will be in London for good?

Domh245

Established Member
There are still a bunch returned (or due to be) to Derby, right? Is there any indication of when all 192 will be in London for good?

I would think that a lot of (if not all) would have to have been converted by the time that SMA2 (Paddington /Finchley Road - Euston Square - I think, the diagram that I have isn't the clearest) goes live with the new signalling which best case is ~July 2018. They definitely all have to be done by the time SMA3 (Kings Cross - Stepney Green/Monument) comes around, which is the first migration area that has a stretch of district 'mainline' - best case scenario ~October 2018, worst case ~April 2019

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member

I'm sure I'm probably not the only basher who has been waiting for 21547/548 to arrive in London and to enter service

Indeed you aren't; it's the only S that I haven't had for haulage...

Based on the rest of the fleet, it'll be about a week before it's actually in service.

Dstock7080

Established Member
21547/48 started passenger service from Upminster depot as T117 last night, so is on District Line T51 this morning.

Kite159

Veteran Member

No doubt Peter will be making a bee-line to intercept it as I type ;) (I will leave it until Friday to try and intercept)

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member

No doubt Peter will be making a bee-line to intercept it as I type ;) (I will leave it until Friday to try and intercept)

Afraid not... my next opportunities will be Thursday evening or Saturday morning, and in neither instance will I have time to cover all diagrams...

bluegoblin7

Established Member
Afraid not... my next opportunities will be Thursday evening or Saturday morning, and in neither instance will I have time to cover all diagrams...

No promises, but service permitting I will try and post up relevant information on Thursday, Friday and Saturday mornings if that will help any of you. ?????? (Hope there's no start up issues on the C&H!)

Status
Not open for further replies.