• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Safest London Underground Station for Carparking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Berneylegs

Just wondering where the best place / safest station car park is to park your car when driving down the M1/A1 to get on the London Underground.

Cockfosters?
Stanmore?
High Barnet?
Any others?

Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Park at MK and get the train into Euston. V easy off the M1 especially at the weekend

I agree although personally if it’s wasn’t for the current shambles I’d use Harlington which is less than a mile from J12 of the M1.

InTheEastMids

Another vote for Stanmore. It's very convenient for the M1 and I remember car parking is very cheap at weekends. Jubilee line is about 35 minutes to Westminster.

IanD

Established Member
Stanmore is easiest to get to from M1 and a biggish car park. I have a friend who always uses Cockfosters so that on the rare occasions the car park is full he can go round the corner to Oakwood. Prior to that he would use Mill Hill East or Brent Cross (the station not the shopping centre), despite the small car parks as if they were full the local on-street parking was unrestricted at weekends.

ChiefPlanner

Established Member
Stanmore should be fine - good area and plenty of people around.

Hatch End is an other option - on the DC lines and a very pleasant area. Easy change at Harrow or Queens Park for the baking Bakerloo...

Status
Not open for further replies.