• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

save 20 % at Mainline Food Outlets

Status
Not open for further replies.

badger1badger

Hello

Not sure if this has been posted before - but always worth a reminder

Get your bite card and save 20 % on all SSP outlets thro Britain - just google bite card and sign up you will get your card in the post -

So when you are travelling you can get money off Burger King / uppercrust and the like, station taverns also accept them for inside and take out purchases - so like us if you live near a station use your card and have a late supper at reduced prices, yes that is right you don't have to be travelling

Have fun - always better in your pocket than theirs !!

Remember SSP outlets only

Cheers !

Paul

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Greenback

Emeritus Moderator
We've had our cards well over a year - used it in Gloucester, Cardiff, Portsmouth, Bristol Parkway, Manchester Piccadilly and will soon be using it in the West Country I hope!

Ivo

Established Member
I should have bought one as soon as I arrived in Bath. It would have probably saved me a good £40 this year! :lol:

Aictos

Established Member
Apply online for your BiTE card - it's free.

Here's a tip for rail staff, they also get a discount on display of their staff pass at certain stations obviously not using the Bite card at the time.

For example, the AMT and West Cornwall Pasty outlets at Cambridge and Kings Cross welcome staff :)

I don't know if it's applicable to all SSP outlets but I know these two places are very welcoming to staff at all times.

dk1

Veteran Member
Here's a tip for rail staff, they also get a discount on display of their staff pass at certain stations obviously not using the Bite card at the time.

For example, the AMT and West Cornwall Pasty outlets at Cambridge and Kings Cross welcome staff :)

I don't know if it's applicable to all SSP outlets but I know these two places are very welcoming to staff at all times.

AMT also allowing all staff to have ANY hot drink for £1 at the moment (& of course still 10% on food).

Established Member
Are AMT and West Cornwall Pasty a part of SSP? If not then bye bye Bite card discount at both of those.

Assos

SSP (Select Service Partner) is the company that runs all the outlets you can use your Bite Card at :)

wintonian

Established Member
Trouble is not all SSP outlets accept the card, at Winchester we have a ‘Pumpkin’ and 'The Shop' I think it's branded on plt 1, the former will accept it but the latter will not as I keep finding out every time I forget and thus decline there offer of a beverage and toddle of to plt 2 and back again.

Flying Snail

Established Member
Are AMT and West Cornwall Pasty a part of SSP? If not then bye bye Bite card discount at both of those.

No, they aren't. Mind you AMT do the best coffee of any chain so would be my first choice discount or not.

Can you get a bite card anywhere in person or is it only available through the website?

Bittern

Established Member
...Would this help me when buying a coffe at Costa in Glasgow Central by any chance?

I mean, I like their coffee, but I hate their prices.

Established Member
This is a list of where you can use it (although may have changed):

Burger King
Upper Crust
Caffe Ritazza
Pumpkin
The Pasty Shop (not West Cornwall)
Sloe
Millies Cookies
Camden Food Co
Bonapartes
Delice de France

and some of the pubs.

So doesn't include Costa or some of the others mentioned.

yorksrob

Veteran Member
They're also doing a rather good scratch card promotion at the moment in relation to the world cup.

dk1

Veteran Member
Slightly off SSP topic, but it does bug me that Costa get you to start one of their loyalty cards & then you cant use them at the Costa's in Premier Inn. Forgive me if im wrong but aren't both chains owned by Whitbread?

jon0844

Veteran Member
Yes. I'm surprised about Premier Inn, but Whitbread does license out the Costa brand to other shops (my local shop sells Costa coffee) where I could understand the restrictions.

Helvellyn

Established Member
Don't forget Pumpkin do the cards where you get a free drink when you've filled it, so you can save 20% with a BiTE card and then get a free drink after a few visits.

I miss Miss Millie's at Waterloo - they used to do a great half-price deal on coffee and five cookies for staff. I tend to use the Bagel bar now - coffee for £1 and a free refill if you bring your receipt and cup back.

bnm

Established Member
Also now valid for use at SSP outlets in some coach stations as well.

As for the rail station pubs where BiTE is accepted; details can be found here:

http://www.realpubsonstations.co.uk/

And yes, the 20% discount does apply to alcoholic beverages as well! Although that doesn't quite bring the prices down to 'Spoons levels - but every little helps!

Also now valid for use at SSP outlets in some coach stations as well.

As for the rail station pubs where BiTE is accepted; details can be found here:

http://www.realpubsonstations.co.uk/

And yes, the 20% discount does apply to alcoholic beverages as well! Although that doesn't quite bring the prices down to 'Spoons levels - but every little helps!

Always great to get a discount on a nice cold pint at the station, as for the quality of the lager at Derby, well lets just say they should pay you to drink it!

Just a shame they don't have real ale at the places where you can use your Bite card.

Established Member
I was thinking in investing in one of those stamps that they use for the coffee collectors cards, I've seen people with them a few times taking a handful of the blank cards to fill in later. Sometimes if they don't have a stamp handy they just use a pen, so might try that as well...

Status
Not open for further replies.