• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

ScotRail Conductor applicants

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

AG78UK

In the test with the letters (scoring them out) how many lines did you get through?

Happycaro

Hi all

I’ve received an invitation to attend conductor assessment in Glasgow next Wednesday. I haven’t received the practise booklet - have checked spam folder - can anyone advise when the booklet is emailed (do they leave it until the day before the assessment?)

AG78UK

Hi all

I’ve received an invitation to attend conductor assessment in Glasgow next Wednesday. I haven’t received the practise booklet - have checked spam folder - can anyone advise when the booklet is emailed (do they leave it until the day before the assessment?)
When did you receive the invitation? They come out as separate emails and sometimes not until later on at night

Borders1994

Nothing yet, Scotrail have a massive recruitment drive on and plenty of applications to go through. Hopefully people here back soon
Thank you, was hoping I hadn’t missed an email etc!
Hi all

Got mine the same night also as the invitation, took a few hours to come through.

Happycaro

When did you receive the invitation? They come out as separate emails and sometimes not until later on at night
Hi - this morning - hopefully it’s just me being impatient

Thank you, was hoping I hadn’t missed an email etc!

Got mine the same night also as the invitation, took a few hours to come through.
Hi Borders
I’ve still not received the practice booklet - I emailed the recruiter who sent the assessment invitation, and tried phoning the mobile number but it just goes to voicemail. Not sure what to try next.

Last edited:

zilmed

Hi Borders
I’ve still not received the practice booklet - I emailed the recruiter who sent the assessment invitation, and tried phoning the mobile number but it just goes to voicemail. Not sure what to try next.
Anyone got an interview date yet?
I haven't and did my assessment on the 4th, it said in the email that the interview details will follow shortly. Not sure if over 10 days and nothing is shortly

Hi all

I can forward the email with practice tests

Borders1994

Hi Borders
Let me know if you get the booklet as I can forward, I see zilmed has kindly offered too.
I haven't and did my assessment on the 4th, it said in the email that the interview details will follow shortly. Not sure if over 10 days and nothing is shortly

Same here, got the email on the 4th with same message, but as mentioned earlier there will be loads of applications, be the time of year too. We will definitely hear something soon I think.

zilmed

Let me know if you get the booklet as I can forward, I see zilmed has kindly offered too.

Same here, got the email on the 4th with same message, but as mentioned earlier there will be loads of applications, be the time of year too. We will definitely hear something soon I think.
Fingers crossed!!

Happycaro

Ah that would be fantastic - Thankyou. How do I pm you my email address?
Fingers crossed!!
Hi Border
That would be great. Unsure how to pm my email address - did I read somewhere that private messaging is blocked until the user has made a number of posts? I’ve messaged and emailed the person who sent me the invite but no reply to either as yet. It seems some people get the practice booklet at the same time as the invitation but I’m still waiting for the second email.

Borders1994

Ah that would be fantastic - Thankyou. How do I pm you my email address?

Hi Border
That would be great. Unsure how to pm my email address - did I read somewhere that private messaging is blocked until the user has made a number of posts? I’ve messaged and emailed the person who sent me the invite but no reply to either as yet. It seems some people get the practice booklet at the same time as the invitation but I’m still waiting for the second email.

Hi, I think so and as I am a new member I won’t have the option to message you either. Let me know if you still need it and hopefully I’ll be able to message at some point if I become more active on here.

robbierugby

Did my assesment day on the 4th as well and only just got the email telling me I'd passed today! Said they'll be I touch shortly.

zilmed

Did my assesment day on the 4th as well and only just got the email telling me I'd passed today! Said they'll be I touch shortly.
Great! Let me know if you hear re interview. I got email saying I passed not long after 4th but nothing yet re interview. I think it's all over the place. Not possible to calculate when you'll be getting the next stage

Borders1994

Great! Let me know if you hear re interview. I got email saying I passed not long after 4th but nothing yet re interview. I think it's all over the place. Not possible to calculate when you'll be getting the next stage
Same here, assessment was on the 29th, heard back on the 4th, it’ll just be the time of year plus volume of applications, I assume we’ll hear something in the new year

Buiadh

I applied in May, interviewed almost six weeks ago and I'm still waiting to hear back!

zilmed

I applied in May, interviewed almost six weeks ago and I'm still waiting to hear back!
Wow, so I guess I won't hold my breath.

Same here, assessment was on the 29th, heard back on the 4th, it’ll just be the time of year plus volume of applications, I assume we’ll hear something in the new year

Hopefully. I'll write on here when/if I hear anything.

Bigyin9

I applied July. Assessment Nov interview Dec. Offered a start date Feb. Has anyone else been offered a start date for Edi ?

Fat Pav

Does anyone have any tools for preparing for the SCAAT assessments? Have mines on Tuesday, don’t mind paying for the online packages provided I can print these and do them on paper.

Does anyone have anything free?

Borders1994

Does anyone have any tools for preparing for the SCAAT assessments? Have mines on Tuesday, don’t mind paying for the online packages provided I can print these and do them on paper.

Does anyone have anything free?
Assuming you got the practice booklet? I only used that and got on ok at the assessment centre. Plenty sites have free ones too though. Good luck.

Fat Pav

Assuming you got the practice booklet? I only used that and got on ok at the assessment centre. Plenty sites have free ones too though. Good luck.
Aye, got the practice book mate but it doesn’t have the symbols part that you do for the Guards assessment.

zilmed

Aye, got the practice book mate but it doesn’t have the symbols part that you do for the Guards assessment.
I think if you print out a few of the letter sheets and get good at them, you should be ok at assessment. I also only used the training material they sent