• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Scotrail Conductor interview help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robbie14

Hope so ! Yeah a section leader at Asda, so plenty of customer service experience :) what about yourself ? I agree would be a real job for life

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

insitu

Your right there total dream job!
Ive been doing media sales and customer service for years too.
just recently made redundant and working with my friend hes an engineer.

Robbie14

By any chance did me you and another guy go grab a sandwich at the assesment day lol ?

stevier

If it's any consolation guys i have had no customer service experience like you guys, ex royal navy engineer, so you 2 will have sailed through the interview.
Keep us posted
stevie

stevier

Hi Guys i hope your application is going well, had HR on the phone today, contract is in the pits, training starts 24th in Edinburgh.
Keep in touch good luck
Stevie

insitu

Hi stevier best of luck mate
unfortunately I just received unsuccessful email
ill contact for feedback and can try again in. 6 months if anything available
p.s good luck robbie14

AE-28

Just received news that my interview was successful however they are keeping me on hold for 6 months so I obv didn't get one of the two positions this time. Has this happened to anyone else? and if so did they contact you within 6 months and offer a position eventually? Bad luck insitu just keep trying cause I know I am going to keep trying. Thanks

Robbie14

Unfortunately i also received the same email insitu. Pretty gutted to be honest but will try again when positions arise ! Thanks for everyone's help guys.

Kryo

Hi guys,

I've just received an email telling me I have an interview coming up for the conductor role. Is there any tips you could give me? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

AE-28

Hi Kryo is it for Scotrail? Just cause depending on what company it can be different what station will you be based at?

Kryo

Hi Kryo is it for Scotrail? Just cause depending on what company it can be different what station will you be based at?

Hi, yes it's Scotrail I will be working on the new Borders line if I pass.

gazk222

Hi kyro. Good luck! I also applied for the borders line and start my training on the 24th of march. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. If you need any help don't hesitate to ask and ill do my best to answer.

AE-28

I was going to say you are better speaking to the guys who applied for the borders as it will poss be the same interviewers etc. Just got an email this morning saying my application is no longer on hold as a position has become available so I have my medical next Friday eeekkkkk sooo excited.

Kryo

Hi guys. So could you tell me the rundown of how it happens?

I've had my application accepted. I was sent an online assessment test to fill out, which I have passed. I have received an email back saying I have an interview coming up. From what I have seen people have been invited to Assessment days before getting their Interview? Have I missed something here or are they doing it the other way around first?

I'm studying my head off at the moment reading every detail of everything I can about the job and First Scotrail, I even have my uncle who is a train driver throwing me tips.

stevier

Kyro, I would say that you have missed assessment day for some reason, I would check by calling HR in Glasgow, you dont want to go through the interview and then fail an assessment. Check PM

AE-28 i would say that you are in, pass the medical and disclosure scotland and the job is yours, i recieved a call from HR 5 days after my medical, contract in the post 2 days later

Kryo

Thanks for the reply Steve.

I'm not sure what's happening. It does say in the email Stage 2: Invite to assessment and/or interview. So I guess they are going with the /or bit.

AE-28

Cheers Stevier. what is involved in the medical can you pm me? Thanks

Kryo

How long was the wait between being told you have an interview and getting a solid date for the interview? I've been waiting almost a week for any news

stevier

How long was the wait between being told you have an interview and getting a solid date for the interview? I've been waiting almost a week for any news

About 2 weeks after the assessment i was give a date for the interview, a week after the interview i got notification for the medical, 5 days after the medical i got my contract in the post. Check the first group web site for your status
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---

About 2 weeks after the assessment i was give a date for the interview, a week after the interview i got notification for the medical, 5 days after the medical i got my contract in the post. Check the first group web site for your status

AE-28

Hey guys how is your course going? Just got a call my contract is in the post and my start date is 28th April for Conductor for Glasgow Central anyone else on the course? Cheers

stevier

Hi AE-28
Course is going well, bombarded with loads of information, glad to be started. Well done you on getting your contract, all the best for the future
Stevie

9K43

I think that when you get the medical, and you pass that you are going to get an offer of a job.
I did 30 years as a guard/ conductor/ Team member B.

I went to Leeds for my medical, and the last words the doctor said was good luck in you new job.

Good luck to you all

Always remember when on or about the railway be safe

Network

Hi AE-28

I got my contract in the post this morning. I am also starting my training course for Glasgow Central on 28th April

See you there :)

jamied7801

Hi folks seen a few of you post about conductor interview. Im currently a hospitality host for Scotrail and I'm thinking of applying for conductor. Can anyone give me any application advice and what to expect from the application process. Obviously I will be applying internally so it may be slightly different but any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.