• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Scotrail drivers new 7 day rota

Status
Not open for further replies.

scotland1977

Hey Guys/Gal's could anybody give me any information regaurding the new proposed 7 day working week proposel for Scotrail drivers.I know there is a working party that was set up to look into this but was wondering if they are any way further forward.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

scotland1977

Hi Willie thanks for the reply,is there forecast to be a proposel regaurding the shift Rota in the near future?Was it part of the pay deal?

scotland1977

How long will the drivers be asked to work a 5 day working week..( enforced Sunday overtime ) rather than a 4 day working week?
Or will the 5 day working week turn into a permanent situation basically that's what am referring too.

Last edited:

SkinnyDave

Established Member
Not really sure what question you are asking here??

A true 4 day week with Sunday inside the working week with 156 rest days is what ASLEF want to achieve but it will take a while (years) to even get a proposal to put forward to members.
The shift pattern that you have been provided with elsewhere on the forum still stands and Will do for some time.

scotraildriver

Established Member
How long will the drivers be asked to work a 5 day working week..( enforced Sunday overtime ) rather than a 4 day working week?
Or will the 5 day working week turn into a permanent situation basically that's what am referring too.

That's what we do currently. If you have a booked Sunday then it is at 5 day week. 2 Sundays a month. I am totally lost as to what your question is?

Last edited:

scotland1977

Thanks guys what my question was,are the
Union any way further forward to sorting out the enforced overtime on a Sunday

I.E the two enforced Sunday shifts per month.

I thought there was plans to introduce the Sunday into a new shift patteren to include it as part of the working week?

With doing the enforced overtime (two Sunday's per month) this makes the working week a 5 day week,was wondering if there was plans to make it back to a 4 day working week or are the drivers happy to work the Sunday's

I.E a 5 day permanent working week !!

Last edited:

greatkingrat

Established Member
It's not a five day week unless you have to work every Sunday. If you are working alternate Sundays then it is a 4.5 day week on average.

SkinnyDave

Established Member
Thanks guys what my question was,are the
Union any way further forward to sorting out the enforced overtime on a Sunday

I.E the two enforced Sunday shifts per month.

I thought there was plans to introduce the Sunday into a new shift patteren to include it as part of the working week?

With doing the enforced overtime (two Sunday's per month) this makes the working week a 5 day week,was wondering if there was plans to make it back to a 4 day working week or are the drivers happy to work the Sunday's

I.E a 5 day permanent working week !!

This has been answered

scotraildriver

Established Member
It won't become a permanent 5 day week. If Sundays become part of the working week and salary you will get another day off. 4 on 4 off is also being looked at but causes alot of rostering issues.

scotland1977

4 on 4 off is a great work /life balance all round for employer and employee.

Last edited:

SkinnyDave

Established Member
Skinny Dave the drivers are working a 5 day working week just now if they are doing two Sunday's enforced overtime per month.(unless I have it wrong ).
4 on 4 off is a great work /life balance all round for employer and employee.

I can assure you I do not work a 5 day week!

scotland1977

Sorry skinny Dave I've got it now it's not a 5 day working week.i was just getting confused trying to work it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.