• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Scotrail Fleet - A Mess?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

NoMorePacers

Established Member
Worse in that they are more run down generally or simply they have more stock you don't like?
I haven't actually travelled on ScotRail before, so I can't really comment on whether I like their stock or not. However Northern's fleet is much older on average (most of their trains are 30+ years old, as opposed to ScotRail having more newer trains") and ScotRail's fleet looks like it is in better condition.

hexagon789

Veteran Member
I haven't actually travelled on ScotRail before, so I can't really comment on whether I like their stock or not. However Northern's fleet is much older on average (most of their trains are 30+ years old, as opposed to ScotRail having more newer trains") and ScotRail's fleet looks like it is in better condition.

Age us but a number! :lol:

I take your point though, the Pacers and 150s are certainly getting on a bit. The 156s and especially 158s I would say are good for another 10-15 years with a refresh at some point.

Condition perhaps, but some of the suburban EMUs are quite grotty, the 318s and 320s need a good deep-clean.

CM

Scotrail can't even clean a train properly, you only have to look at the state of the windows on some of the 318s and 320s to see why I mean. Half of them you can't even see in/out of them! How hard is it to actually keep a train clean?!

NoMorePacers

Established Member
Scotrail can't even clean a train properly, you only have to look at the state of the windows on some of the 318s and 320s to see why I mean. Half of them you can't even see in/out of them! How hard is it to actually keep a train clean?!
I travelled on 2 refurbished Northern 155s earlier this week and the floors were already covered in dirt.

On Moderation
I travelled on 2 refurbished Northern 155s earlier this week and the floors were already covered in dirt.
The white painted vestibule walls in the refurbished Northern 158 I had are really not a good idea - already showing dirt and scuff marks. With Northern’s cleaning “regime” they will quickly look awful. The grey colour ScotRail use is much more practical.

Status
Not open for further replies.