• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Scotrail HSTs Currently

Status
Not open for further replies.

Veteran Member
Good morning!

Having made it to Scotland, I am planning on taking a trip from Tweedbank via Edinburgh later this week and incorporating the Fife Circle (DMU of course) and a Scotrail HST trip.

Looking at RTT for today, my Plan A involving the 1131 Montrose as far as Leuchars appears to fail, with every service on that route being 170s.

However 1H13 1333 EDB-Inverness and 1B31 1249 INV-EDB are timed D324 which I assume is HST. Is there a decent chance that these will actually produce an HST?

Many thanks in advance.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

hexagon789

Veteran Member
Good morning!

Having made it to Scotland, I am planning on taking a trip from Tweedbank via Edinburgh later this week and incorporating the Fife Circle (DMU of course) and a Scotrail HST trip.

Looking at RTT for today, my Plan A involving the 1131 Montrose as far as Leuchars appears to fail, with every service on that route being 170s.

However 1H13 1333 EDB-Inverness and 1B31 1249 INV-EDB are timed D324 which I assume is HST. Is there a decent chance that these will actually produce an HST?

Many thanks in advance.

On RTT for ScotRail services, if it doesn't show a unit then you can be reasonably certain it'll be an HST

hooky3

according to real time trains, none of the Edinburgh-Montrose services are worked by HSTs today, wonder how they have the spare 170s to make this happen.

Veteran Member
Thanks both

Thanks hexagon789 for the tip about RTT - the 1131 ex EDB and return were indeed HST today (Weds 14 Sept - automerge has obscured this). Several HSTs idle at Haymarket depot.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.