• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

ScotRail repaint countdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Established Member
this class 158 was in all blue with white doors at haymarket could be just waiting for the vinyl now

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Pa0GLembrMw
That's 158789, and it was still like that when i saw it last saturday

Also, I noted that 158717 has one new light cluster (it could have 2, i couldnt see one of them), but i though it looked a little odd
Sorry for the quality, It's a still from a video:
158717sg1.jpg

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Doorslammer

That's 158789, and it was still like that when i saw it last saturday

Also, I noted that 158717 has one new light cluster (it could have 2, i couldnt see one of them), but i though it looked a little odd
Sorry for the quality, It's a still from a video:
158717sg1.jpg

Dunno how, but it makes it look more like the O RLY owl now :lol:

me123

Established Member
The 158s do. They work a lot out of Edinburgh Waverley, some services from Queen Street and all Highland Services (Inverness-Aberdeen, and Inverness to the North). Glasgow/Edinburgh-Aberdeen and return services are frequently formed 158+170. A train can quite spend the day doing Anniesland runs, go up to Aberdeen, and the next day be on its way to Kyle of Lochalsh.*

*Not sure if this actually happens, but it is possible and does prove my point.

rail-britain

Established Member
Glasgow/Edinburgh-Aberdeen and return services are frequently formed 158+170
This normally happens where the 158 is extending an Inverness - Aberdeen service, only the 158 goes north
Sadly northbound passengers are rarely advised that only the front Class 158 is going north and they have to get out of the 170 and then swap in to the Class 158
Equally, the same going southbound, and on a few occasions I have jumped out of the 158 and moved to the 170

me123

Established Member
Do you mean that they go on from Aberdeen onto Inverness?

I'm thinking about the trains that just terminate at Aberdeen (the 174x out of Queen Street comes to mind) that run 158+170 the whole way. I know, however, that the few Inverness-Edinburgh via Aberdeen trains do something like what you've said.

me123

Established Member
Bishopbriggs and Lenzie have been resigned and are now complete :)

Galvanize

This normally happens where the 158 is extending an Inverness - Aberdeen service, only the 158 goes north
Sadly northbound passengers are rarely advised that only the front Class 158 is going north and they have to get out of the 170 and then swap in to the Class 158
Equally, the same going southbound, and on a few occasions I have jumped out of the 158 and moved to the 170

I've had various trains from Glasgow and Edinburgh over the years, heading towards Aberdeen/Dyce, formed of a 170/158, and the 158 was either removed at Perth (from Glasgow) or Dundee (from Edinburgh). Or is this only done in peak hours?

me123

Established Member
They don't do this any more, as far as I know. They run all 5 cars to Aberdeen, and only run the front train to Dyce (if the train continues to Dyce).
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Although not strictly to do with rolling stock and stations, it's interesting to see the new Scotrail website is now up and running. Looks much cleaner than First's offering anyway, but otherwise not much has really changed. We're also seeing the new timetables and official documentation with the new branding.

djw1981

Established Member
Including timetables with 14 pages of 'padding' at the front including, in some cases 3 maps (none of which is the national network map) in 2 different styles, and using 3 different colour schemes.

me123

Established Member
They're taking their time, but it's coming along. Carstairs is now fully rebranded.

All timetables and literature now display the new brand. As do on train posters. New literature/timetable stands are appearing at key stations. These are blue with pink rims.

laseandre

Established Member
Like the one in Glasgow Central's "Travel Office" or whatever it is?

laseandre

Established Member
Updated, with 156494 being outshopped in Saltire (minus decals) from Railcare Springburn today, and 156433 (The Kilmarnock Edition) going in (also today).

Last edited by a moderator:

Established Member
and 156433 (The Kilmarnock Edition) going in today.

Damn, I liked that one in SPT.

Filmed it leaving from the same platform at Waverley twice almost exaxtly a year apart, standing on the same platform, in almost exactly the same place :???:
It was a complete coincidence, i was amazed :lol:

I need to get back up to Waverley after my prelims, haven't been for a few weeks :)

me123

Established Member
Good to see a few more trains coming out. 156433 has been stalking me as of late, but I feel it's a bit shabby so it is time for a repaint.

Also added Leuchars Station; although I've yet to see it for myself but I have it in good authority that it is redone.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Don't know if this is of interest to anyone, but this PDF details the new livery. It also shows mock ups of the livery on Class 170, 156 and 334 trains :) But the SPT 156s are seemingly the next big project; and rightly so as they are probably in need of a lick of paint anyway.

me123

Established Member
Any reason they're not sticking the decals on? Seems like a simple procedure to me...

djw1981

Established Member
If they do it themselves at the depot it uses their staff and may be cheaper...

rossco156433

I believe Irvine has been re-branded with the new colours, had the new logo on the platform signs last time i drove past.

Status
Not open for further replies.