• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Scotrail Trainee Drivers (Ongoing)

Prober

Hi Prober, I sat my medical on Monday so will let you know as soon as I hear anything. I believe they're trying to move very quickly for Motherwell's positions.

Sportman, there was a shortage of applicants for Mallaig so if that's an area you're interested in then definitely keep your eyes peeled for it being advertised again, or even call/visit Queen Street and ask to speak to the manager for that area.
Appreciated S16.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Methodical

Had 2nd part assessment and MMI today, and after a long and stressful wait received the call with a conditional offer based at Motherwell at 5pm !!
Absolutely delighted. Hoping the medical etc will just be formalities, and can't wait to get started with the rest of you who are beginning training on 21st Jan.

S16

I just got the email to say my confirmed offer is in the post!

I am absolutely delighted, in fact those words don't come close to describing how I feel!

Ya beauty!

Methodical

I just got the email to say my confirmed offer is in the post!

I am absolutely delighted, in fact those words don't come close to describing how I feel!

Ya beauty!

Brilliant mate. All well and good having a conditional, but having everything confirmed takes away any lingering doubt.
Congratulations.

StephenB

Had my assessment and MMI today.

Missed my call due to o2 being down, absolute nightmare, gonna have to wait till tomorrow for the verdict

Junk_girl

Had 2nd part assessment and MMI today, and after a long and stressful wait received the call with a conditional offer based at Motherwell at 5pm !!
Absolutely delighted. Hoping the medical etc will just be formalities, and can't wait to get started with the rest of you who are beginning training on 21st Jan.

Brilliant news! Well done :D

Junk_girl

Had my assessment and MMI today.

Missed my call due to o2 being down, absolute nightmare, gonna have to wait till tomorrow for the verdict

Aw well in o2... what a carry on!!! Sure everything will be fine. Where you going to be based?

StephenB

Finally got word I got accepted for the Yoker depot. Medical on the 13th, no start date as yet.

StephenB

Thanks everyone. Big well done to everyone who had some good news the last week, also thank for all the great information that’s been available on here.

Scot29

Hi all,

I have recently passed the first batch of assessments successfully and currently awaiting my DMI....

I am curious as to the sort of time scales you all had to wait between the assessments and DMI, then again DMI to last assessments and MMI?

Thanks Scot

S16

Hi Scot, people have had different experiences going through the process in terms of time scales, but for me it was about 10-14 days between each stage.

Which area did you apply for?

Scot29

Hi Scot, people have had different experiences going through the process in terms of time scales, but for me it was about 10-14 days between each stage.

Which area did you apply for?

I have applied for the position in Inverness.

It has been two weeks past Wednesday since I have passed the tests. I have been tempted to email asking for any updates but also don't want to be a pain as I know they are very busy.

Hopefully ill get some good news this week.

S16

Yeah I probably would at this stage, a polite enquiry wouldn't hurt.

Driver170

Well done to all the newbies for a start on the trainee driver program with ScotRail.

I remember this time 6 years ago i started training at Atrium court now i’m fully qualified driving our passengers about safely around Scotland. Just enjoy it guys and study hard and you’ll be fine.

John Bishop

I have applied for the position in Inverness.

It has been two weeks past Wednesday since I have passed the tests. I have been tempted to email asking for any updates but also don't want to be a pain as I know they are very busy.

Hopefully ill get some good news this week.

I’m in the same position Scot, wasn’t even home by the time I got the good news that I passed the assessment, things seemed like they were moving fast. But nothing since. Kind of thinking that nothing will happen now till the new year, but you never know I guess.

Would be nice to know, either way before Xmas.

Falkirk lad

Hi guys, just wondering if anyone has had a DMI for Edinburgh/Bathgate in the last 4-6weeks and progressed to the 2nd assessment centre. A lot of chat about the Motherwell/Airdrie/Yoker applications (and congratulations to all that have been successful) but Edinburgh/Bathgate seems to have gone quiet

Braveheart

After not getting past the interview, I applied for another job within Scotrail & sat an assesment for it. I had applied for it before I’d heard the outcome of my drivers interview, as a ‘Plan B’ to get in and work my way up...plus it’s better than my current job.

Anyway, I’ve still not heard back about how my online assessment went despite it being about 2 weeks now since I sat it.

Do you think I should chase it up, or leave it be. Someone else I know sat it and they found out instantly that they had failed it, whereas I’ve heard nothing. I’m also wondering if this could be the ‘you can’t apply again for 6 months’ factor, although I’d have thought that was only for the same job you went for previously...anyone know?

Timberjack

After not getting past the interview, I applied for another job within Scotrail & sat an assesment for it. I had applied for it before I’d heard the outcome of my drivers interview, as a ‘Plan B’ to get in and work my way up...plus it’s better than my current job.

Anyway, I’ve still not heard back about how my online assessment went despite it being about 2 weeks now since I sat it.

Do you think I should chase it up, or leave it be. Someone else I know sat it and they found out instantly that they had failed it, whereas I’ve heard nothing. I’m also wondering if this could be the ‘you can’t apply again for 6 months’ factor, although I’d have thought that was only for the same job you went for previously...anyone know?

I'm in a similar situation. I applied for a trainee driver post but didn't get passed the interview, a week later different role was advertised in the same depot so I emailed the HR contact I was dealing with for the driver job regarding the 6 month rule and was told it only applies to the same role so I was welcome to apply for the other job. I have my assessments this week.
Maybe worth a quick email. I've found HR helpful and responsive.
Good luck!

Braveheart

I'm in a similar situation. I applied for a trainee driver post but didn't get passed the interview, a week later different role was advertised in the same depot so I emailed the HR contact I was dealing with for the driver job regarding the 6 month rule and was told it only applies to the same role so I was welcome to apply for the other job. I have my assessments this week.
Maybe worth a quick email. I've found HR helpful and responsive.
Good luck!

Thanks Timberjack.

I thought that would be the case.