• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Scotrail Trainee Drivers (Ongoing)

Hi all,
I applied to the advert that closed 21st December and been invited to assessment on Friday.
Looks like it's going to be pretty intense. How long are you in the centre for and am I correct in saying that they can ask you to leave at different stages?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

S16

Hi David, about 3 hrs for the first assessment. Nobody was asked to leave at any stage during my first assessment, but I have heard of people who didn't make it through the whole day at the second stage of assessments.

Best of luck!

Davek59

Hi all,
I applied to the advert that closed 21st December and been invited to assessment on Friday.
Looks like it's going to be pretty intense. How long are you in the centre for and am I correct in saying that they can ask you to leave at different stages?
Hi David,

I applied too but nothing heard yet. I’d be very keen to hear how things go on Friday.
Best of luck!!(-:

RazzleDazzle

Was the advert closing on the 21st the Conductors job (Stirling)?

I take it nobody has heard for the trainee train driver one closing 27/12/18?

xPedro

Was the advert closing on the 21st the Conductors job (Stirling)?

I take it nobody has heard for the trainee train driver one closing 27/12/18?

I applied for the trainee drivers jobs closing the 27th. I haven't heard anything yet and from looking elsewhere it would be up to a couple of weeks. I don't know with it being over the festive period if it will delay the process any

Thanks for your replies.

Razzledazzle, yeah it was the trainee drivers job closing the 21/12/18. I guess I've heard already because I applied on the day the advert came out and they're most likely still reading through applications that were sent later on.

S16 thanks for that I'm doing loads of practice assessments and working on my interview examples as I've heard the interview is pretty intense aswell. I've been reading up on the company too for interview, do you think that's a necessity?

Jen17

Not heard anything yet, applied for the trainee train drivers on 18.12. Slightly worried because I have no online profile with abellio for some reason, I did get a confirmation email but it didn't contain anything other than thanks for applying for the job and vacancy code. Will keep checking my inbox and spam for the next 7 weeks!

xPedro

Not heard anything yet, applied for the trainee train drivers on 18.12. Slightly worried because I have no online profile with abellio for some reason, I did get a confirmation email but it didn't contain anything other than thanks for applying for the job and vacancy code. Will keep checking my inbox and spam for the next 7 weeks!

I had the same thing happen to me Jen. I managed to get round it by accessing it through the email I got when I saved my application to check it prior to sending it. The email had a link to recover password, if you follow this it completes the set up and you can access your profile from there. I'd bookmark the profile page once you get it.

Jen17

I had the same thing happen to me Jen. I managed to get round it by accessing it through the email I got when I saved my application to check it prior to sending it. The email had a link to recover password, if you follow this it completes the set up and you can access your profile from there. I'd bookmark the profile page once you get it.

Glad it isn't just me! I'm going to see if there's anything I can do. I have a profile set up now following the email containing a link but can only set up job alerts there; there's nothing to say I have a pending application in. It's such a user unfriendly site (in my experience anyway!)

xPedro

Glad it isn't just me! I'm going to see if there's anything I can do. I have a profile set up now following the email containing a link but can only set up job alerts there; there's nothing to say I have a pending application in. It's such a user unfriendly site (in my experience anyway!)

I found getting the profile set up is half the battle. Hopefully you get it sorted.

Davek59

Yeah, same as you. Daily checking!!(-:

RazzleDazzle

Thanks for your replies.

Razzledazzle, yeah it was the trainee drivers job closing the 21/12/18. I guess I've heard already because I applied on the day the advert came out and they're most likely still reading through applications that were sent later on.

S16 thanks for that I'm doing loads of practice assessments and working on my interview examples as I've heard the interview is pretty intense aswell. I've been reading up on the company too for interview, do you think that's a necessity?

David can you confirm the job advert number your application is please?

Because I applied for SYS-4464 which closed on the 27th December.

To my knowledge the only Abellio (ScotRail) job closing on the 21st was a conductors job in Stirling...

Are you an internal applicant?

Confused!!!

I have the same issue in that if I log into the job alerts for ScotRail then I can't see my application, however if I log into my account for Greater Anglia (part of Abellio but a different web address) I can see it (SYS-4464) along with GA applications and previous ScotRail ones. It doesn't make a lot of sense but its possible that the first company within Abellio that you create an account with, is the one that contains ALL the applications you make!

Anyway my application for SYS-4464 is shown as 'under consideration'

Davek59

I have the same issue in that if I log into the job alerts for ScotRail then I can't see my application, however if I log into my account for Greater Anglia (part of Abellio but a different web address) I can see it (SYS-4464) along with GA applications and previous ScotRail ones. It doesn't make a lot of sense but its possible that the first company within Abellio that you create an account with, is the one that contains ALL the applications you make!

Same for me, “under consideration”........

Jen17

Thanks for this info. I had an original account with scotrail maybe 2 years ago for the big recruitment drive so ill try that! I did email the recruitment dept this morning and they promptly replied back to say confirm they have an application from my email address so at least it is in, which was a bit if a worry!

Ledzepplin

Hello all,

I’m in the same boat of ‘under consideration’ and hoping to see some sort of change soon, also going to find some online tests for preparing myself just in case I am offered a spot on assessment.
From earlier posts it seems they offer assessments within a couple of weeks of closing usually so hopefully we will know soon

Nathen

I wouldn't be so sure about the 8 week window...I applied in June and didn't hear back until the start of November for the initial assesments...

Hello all,

I’m in the same boat of ‘under consideration’ and hoping to see some sort of change soon, also going to find some online tests for preparing myself just in case I am offered a spot on assessment.
From earlier posts it seems they offer assessments within a couple of weeks of closing usually so hopefully we will know soon

Don't be surprised or worried if you don't hear back for a while. The volume of applications they have received will be very high and coupled with the Christmas holiday and the fact that things rarely move quickly in rail recruitment means that the wait can sometimes be a long one!

Ledzepplin

Don't be surprised or worried if you don't hear back for a while. The volume of applications they have received will be very high and coupled with the Christmas holiday and the fact that things rarely move quickly in rail recruitment means that the wait can sometimes be a long one!

Thank you, I will now try to wean myself from my checking status addiction I have developed, it’s certainly not helping!

Jen17

Hey
Razzledazzle the advert was SYS-4464 apologies for the type in the closing date as it was the 27/12 not the 21/12
Went along to the assessment today and just received an email to say I'd passed. So onto the DMI next. Really pleased.

Jen17

Hey
Razzledazzle the advert was SYS-4464 apologies for the type in the closing date as it was the 27/12 not the 21/12
Went along to the assessment today and just received an email to say I'd passed. So onto the DMI next. Really pleased.

What was the date the advert went live David? My application went in on the 18th, just wondering how long it is by comparison to your application date.

xPedro

I submitted my application on 20th December and it's still showing as pending and under consideration.

RazzleDazzle

Good effort David, no worries I thought maybe I’d missed something. Mine submitted on the 21st, so I’ll be keen to hear how Pedro and Jen get on. All the best.

Lilp

Hi I passed my first assessment for train driver at Aberdeen on the 12/12/18 and now waiting on my interview has anyone who had assessments around that time heard anything about next stage yet at all?

I sent the application on the 12th December and got an email for assessment on the 28th December and first assessment was yesterday 4th January