• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Scotrail Trainee Drivers (Ongoing)

pendy12

Never said anything like that at end of my interview, only that I would hear the outcome in around 10 working days. Definitely noticed notes being taken but no ticks or crosses as they were doing their best to hide the sheet from me. Plenty of head nods for my answers so hopefully that's a good sign

No mention of numbers at my interview but I was asked to confirm holidays and notice period. Really hoping to hear something over the next week.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Kendo

yeah it’s not a lot of people that’s just assuming I am right with what the interviewer told me! U would think we might hear tomorrow or Monday as they want to start the first group in may so doesn’t leave too much time for 2nd assessment medical and handing in your notice ect
I
No mention of numbers at my interview but I was asked to confirm holidays and notice period. Really hoping to hear something over the next week.
Just a wee heads up, it was a Sunday afternoon when I recieved the news. Hopefully you hear soon

Gedphones

Had an interview yesterday. Didn't get good vibes. Was in for about half an hour. Only positive I took was at the end they asked if I had any holidays booked that could affect a possible start date. I don't know if they'd have asked that if I did as poorly as I think I did.

Kilted_Scot

Hi Guys

i have been looking online since octoberish for trainee driver positions in Edinburgh but not noticed any go up, does anyone know if there will be vacancies soon? i am currently a LRV driver down south but looking to move back to Edinburgh and hoping to be lucky enough to secure a job on the trains.

i noticed they advertising for conductors in Edinburgh and my question is if you become a conductor is it easier to become a train driver?

any advise would be great

cheers

No, it's harder. As a conductor for 7 years I have had many interviews and I'be still not managed to get past DMI interview yet.

Kilted_Scot

Had an interview yesterday. Didn't get good vibes. Was in for about half an hour. Only positive I took was at the end they asked if I had any holidays booked that could affect a possible start date. I don't know if they'd have asked that if I did as poorly as I think I did.

I've had a few interviews and always been asked that. Standard question. The thing is with interviews you just never know. I've had what I thought were good an bad and stI'll been knocked back. Other people have told me how terribly their's has went and still got through. You just never know.

Rail27

Mine was yesterday and I was bricking it after being calm for the 2 weeks prior I had prepared well but felt I bottled it with nerves in there. Also got asked about notice period but think they just ask that and I had to be promted too many times, can’t see me getting any further if I do will be a miracle, didn’t help I was on strong painkillers for a virus and did not feel well at all good luck everyone!

Gedphones

To be fair I haven't been in an interview situation for 26 years! However one question they asked about health and safety courses I have been on and my mind went blank. Been an electrician for all that time and have been on countless bloody courses regarding health and safety. Halfwit!!!!

pendy12

This will be the current process.
That's what I thought. The interviewer did say they were interviewing up to yesterday and they had been interviewing the week before so you would think next week would be the time to we all get the news. It's down to roughly 30% chance of a job based on the 180 at stage 2.

Taff

Hi guys,
Good luck and well done to all those starting tomorrow.
I had my DMI about 10 days ago now, just wondering whether anyone from this intake has heard back either way yet? I know they were interviewing until Thursday just gone so not too stressed out about it quite yet.
Thanks

JosieDex

Hi guys,
Good luck and well done to all those starting tomorrow.
I had my DMI about 10 days ago now, just wondering whether anyone from this intake has heard back either way yet? I know they were interviewing until Thursday just gone so not too stressed out about it quite yet.
Thanks

Nothing, aware they were interviewing until Thursday and assume they will require all feedback in before letting people know. Hopefully early this week.

Ryand602

I had my DMI last Thursday
There were two people in the interview and the main interviewer said that his colleague would butt in when necessary to expand but the whole interview he said nothing really apart from agree what I said on a few things
Not sure if that is a good or bad thing
Still waiting to hear so fingers crossed

JUF

Has anyone had any word yet from the Dmi interviews that finished last Thursday?

pendy12

I'm in the same boat and not heard yet. I was told ten days which will take it to this Friday.

JosieDex

2-3 weeks we were told but just take aslong as it takes
Doubt it’ll be that long as when done initial assessment they were aiming for a May start for any successful applicants which would leave next to no time for the next two stages plus leave notice